• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Finisterre to SCQ travel options

bfelker

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept-Oc t 2024
Greetings,
My niece is meeting us in Finisterre for a few days at the end of our Camino. We are then flying out from SCQ at 9:00 am.....
I see a bus schedule on Road2Rio duration of 3:45 and leaving at 8:20 am.
Is there a service for more direct and EARLIER arrival at SCQ?
Such as Car Rental or UBER (equivalent)?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
If you check the Monbus site, you can find the schedules.
Indeed. But the earliest bus leaves at 0820 and takes about 2:20 - not the 3:45 mentioned in the OP. But that still won't help for a 9am flight which in practice means being at the airport by 7am if you have check-in luggage. Which in turn means leaving Fisterra around 5.30am at the latest if you have a taxi booked. You might get an extra hour in bed and a far cheaper taxi fare by spending the last night in Santiago instead.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yes indeed! Or the previous night. Car may be best option!

Thank you, that is sound advice. I will look into both options, taxi and going to Santiago the day ahead. My niece is looking into a car.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
You didn't say what time of year, but setting out on a 100km car journey on unfamiliar roads at that hour of the morning for the airport and the stress that will entail, (especially if it's dark!) really doesn't sound like a good plan. I agree about staying in Santiago for the last night.

Most read last week in this forum