• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Finisterre to Muxia

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Back is blank for engraving.
352590508.webp

LIRESCA​

Address:lugar de Lires 31, 15138 Lires, Spain
Phone: +34 981 46 43 95
GPS coordinates: N 042° 59.869, W 09° 14.671
Stayed here in Lires was well worth it one of my favorite stays out of about 80 so far. The walk is beautiful!!
Buen Camino
Woody
Ps I echo Chrissy split the walk and take your time.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Walked it last year, A lovely section.
I did it in one day OK. (I'm not that fit)

Afternote. I only did it in 1 day as I was running out of time.
Had planned a stop in Lires originally.
It is great you could do it in one day. It is amazing how strong we get after we have walked 7 or 800K before we get to Muxia or Finisterre.

How long a walk would it be. From Finistere to Muxia
Yes, it's 27+km & can be done in one day, but if you've got the time, I agree .. a stop-over at Lires is good. I've done this stretch a few times over the years, & the body was very appreciative of the 'split' this year. Muxia is such a lovely little village, so it's nice to have some time & energy to explore it. Buen Camino! 👣

I know this isn't really relevant but i had literally just passed the Muxia sign about twenty meters before this video at the end of my walk from Leon!!
Serendipity or the Camino providing me with a cheer!
Woody
I liked Muxia more than Fisterra

Attachments

• FIREWORKS MUXIA.mp4
    130 MB
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I know this isn't really relevant but i had literally just passed the Muxia sign about twenty meters before this video at the end of my walk from Leon!!
Serendipity or the Camino providing me with a cheer!
Woody
I liked Muxia more than Fisterra
Totally agree Woody; Muxia is such a special little village, I think. 😇

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Also if you are thinking of getting both Muxiana and Fisterriana certificates I believe the stop in Lires is required ( or maybe it's just obtaining a sello?)

Am I making a mistake walking Santiago Muxia Finisterre rather than the other way? Will I likely be alone? I’m a little afraid that may be the case.

It's your Camino! By all means walk it any way you'd like.
I'm sure you'll meet people going either way with you and towards you
I wouldn't worry too much

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Am I making a mistake walking Santiago Muxia Finisterre rather than the other way? Will I likely be alone? I’m a little afraid that may be the case.
There can be no mistake. They’re but roads, routes, ways: whatever. You’ll likely meet others doing either.
For me Muxia is the end point. The psycho-geographers of my tradition had even less of a grip on longitude than them Romans but it’s long been the understood end point for us. And the seafood restaurants are a step further out too 😉

Most read last week in this forum

I would love to hear feed back from anyone who is walking between Logrono to Belorado today. It should be an exciting day if one is into bike racing.
I tried to search threads for this information, so apologies if it's already been covered. I will have 1-2 nights in Santiago. With limited time, I'd rather have 1-2 meaningful experiences, than...
Hi Folks, I'm guiding a group on pilgrimage next summer and am on the hunt for either a retreat house or a house for rent in/near Santiago for us to conclude our time together and debrief the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back