This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Finisterre Route ... very quiet 🤔

FeatherG

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Route (last 100+kms) (2011)
Finisterre Route (2012)
French Way (first 100+ kms) (2014)
Northern Coastal Route (first 100+kms) (2015)
French Way (last 100+kms) (2017)
Hi there, have been on Finisterre route this week & amazed at how incredibly quiet it is! Usually go in month of May, but had to wait til now, but was worried it would be overcrowded & too hot On the contrary, apart from the odd passer-by, today was the first time we saw any pilgrim's, (on route to Muxia) & these were 'day-trippers' ... full of chat/laughter & very welcome! Our weather has been wonderful, averaging 20°, blue skies; & lovely breeze! I queried waiter & shop-keeper in Finisterre yesterday on this & they said ... cost of living increase, change in weather & time of year was possibly the reason. I've been 3 times & brought 'curious' hubby this time, who's wondering where all these 'wonderful people' are, that I meet every year?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I had same experience last year in August strange experience.

I walked to Muxia in 2017,and met only 1 hiker as entering Muxia. Otherwise only saw people in the albergues. I guess nothing has changed. Which,by the way,is very good. I am glad most of the Frances hoard stops in Santiago!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I walked to Muxia in 2017,and met only 1 hiker as entering Muxia. Otherwise only saw people in the albergues. I guess nothing has changed. Which,by the way,is very good. I am glad most of the Frances hoard stops in Santiago!
Wait just one wee minute who are you calling a hoard

Going in August from Santiago to Muxia to Finisterre to Santiago. With my fiancee who has walked from SJPDP already earlier this year.

Yes same here. I do the route at least once a year as I'm a guide who does walking tours. It's a shame as all my groups love the Camino, it's so beautiful and full of symbolism.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.