• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Favorite places to stay on the Mozarabe (Cordoba to Merida leg)

KayVee

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2017)
Hello all, I will be walking the Camino Mozarabe from Cordoba to Merida in November with two friends. If you’ve walked that route before, I’d love some advice:
- Any favorite hostals or albergues you’ve stayed in that you’d recommend?
- Any taxistas who could ferry us if we don’t want to walk 33k on some of the stages?
- Any interesting sights on the way we shouldn’t miss?
- From Campanario, Gronze shows a variant to Villanueva de la serena. Has anyone done this variant? Is the way well-marked?
- Are there enough grocery stores enroute to stock up on fruit and stuff? (I’m vegetarian..)

thanks in advance

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
I would definitely stay at Albergue La Estacion in Campanario. Fantastic people, beautiful views and a good restaurant It is a little past Campanario so you can pick up groceries on your way in, although you might have problems if it is a Sunday. We have been vegetarians for decades and we mostly prepared our own food . Almost every grocery store will have jars of garbanzo beans, cheese, yogurt, and vegetables.

Oh and one other tip, there is now a private albergue halfway between Villaharta and Alcaracejos so you don’t have to walk the 30+ Km.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum