• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Favorite 'low light' photos from your Camino

• Thread starter Deleted member 56069
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 56069

Fellow pilgrims, post your favorite photos taken either early in the morning or late in the day. Some of my most memorable pictures were taken either before or during sunrise on our Camino's.
I have many, but would like to other members most memorable low light photos. The one below was the morning we left Sarria in April 2014.

Join Camino Cleanup: Logroño to Burgos May 2025 and Astorga to O'Cebreiro in June.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
These from Vila do Conde, Esposende, Baiona and Santiago. There was a forest fire near Baiona and the smoke made the sunset feel very surreal.

Attachments

• Vila do Conde evening.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Esposende.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Baiona.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 100
  • Baiona cross.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 94
  • Santiago.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
taken as I walked down from Cruz de Ferro in the early, early dawn..........hours later my wife sent me a whatsapp - with a quote about the moon's guidance. She couldn't have known I was watching it and the stars that day (her time) !?!?

Attachments

• P1020288.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 36
Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
What a great question. Thanks. I've always been inspired by walking in the early mornings on the VdlP. Here's my current favorite from last year's Camino. The question inspired me to put together a slide show of my best low light and early morning photos from my 2016 Camino: https://www.flickr.com/photos/50048910@N00/albums/72157677972739691

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Leaving Mansilla de las Mulas early morning on 29th May 2016

Attachments

• DSCN3865.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
This doorway is way behind the altar at SDC Cathedral. LOTS of people milling around/in and out of that doorway. I set up the camera and just stood there and waited for quite a while till the shot was clear. I didn't shoot much outdoors in low light. I missed a lot because I was so sore and tired at night. Next time it'll be different. This shot took a lot of post-processing to dig the detail out of the shadows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
This is the Holy Door and you will have to wait till 2021 befor you can take better pictures. The Holy Door is closed now.
I think your made a wonderful picture.

Early morning leaving Melide in April 2016

Early morning leaving Eirexe in April, 2016

€46,-
Sunrise in Santiago Spain, April 2016

Sunrise at Campbecerros and sunset in Santiago...

Ps great thread topic... there are some beautiful photos

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Wooden cross west of Atapuerca at sunrise in April 2016

Sunrise on the meseta, April 2015

Sunrise over Atapuerca in April 2016

€46,-
All these photos were taken with a handheld Lumix point-and-shoot camera (DMC-LZ7).

Peg and I were staying at the Albergue do Sol e da Lua in Finesterre and took off from there to go to the beach to view the sunset (it was clouded over and not too good.) Just before leaving I saw in the mirror in our room that Vitalija was taking a picture of her dog which just had a haircut and was looking terrific. I only had enough time to get the picture in the mirror.

The sunrise in Muxia was taken just before getting on a bus. Our camino was over after 66 days (though we still had more time in Spain.)

handsome-dog.jpg
Date Taken: 2015:07:15 21:28:03
Exposure Time: 1/30 sec.

flowers-at-beach.jpg
Date Taken: 2015:07:15 21:48:13
Exposure Time: 1/100 sec.

sunset-finesterre.jpg
Date Taken: 2015:07:15 22:03:36
Exposure Time: 1/30 sec.

sunrise-muxia.jpg
Date Taken: 2015:07:18 07:16:49
Exposure Time: 1/200 sec.

Night time.

Attachments

• Night Lorca.jpg
    676.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Night Leon.jpg
    743.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Night Porto.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Night Santiago.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 31
Cruz de Ferro May 28. 2014, early morning, © photo

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Fotos taken in summer 2015:
Outside Geneva on the GR65

In the Pyrenees on the GR10

On the Camino del Norte, San Sebastian

Wonderful photo Mike

@Riverman23 and @Giselleontour, thank you for your kind comments. I like shooting doors and doorways - there's either an urge to step through the picture or to wonder what story this doorway can tell, what lives have passed in and out of this door over sometimes a very long period of time. My label for this pic says Azofra, and the date tells me it was a day or so west of Pamplona but I can't remember it exactly. (not low light, so I'm a bit off brief here)

Mike

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Rioja country, between Logrono and Nareja.

6am walk under the full moon outside Granon.

Same day's walk on the way to Villafranca Montes Del Oca.

Hontanas.

These from Vila do Conde, Esposende, Baiona and Santiago. There was a forest fire near Baiona and the smoke made the sunset feel very surreal.

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
After the sunset in Cirauqui. We had just finished the communal dinner at the alburgue when I stepped onto the street and saw this amazing blue sky.

What a wonderful thread - thanks for this!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Another Pamplona shot.

Feb 2,2017

Attachments

• IMG_3497.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 15
Ponte de Lima. I took several like these. I like all of them. Some are in black and white. Does that count as low light?

Join Camino Cleanup: Logroño to Burgos May 2025 and Astorga to O'Cebreiro in June.
Montes de Oca in july 2016

Attachments

• 2016-07-16 07.03.26.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 20
Muxia in 2014

Attachments

• 20140813_212839.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 18
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Avec, same location in April 2016

Near Orisson, Sept 27, 2016

Attachments

• IMG_0157.JPG
    801.3 KB · Views: 23
What a lovely thing to have done for your son. The stone will e there for eternity.
My brother died on the Camino in 2013 he took stones from his house and mine to put there too as my son too died in 2013 very young.
I empathise with you and feel for you too.
My good wishes and Peace.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Taken in the early morning just before Santiago on the Camino Portugues

Attachments

• image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 31

Departure at sunrise - San Pedro de Rozados

Attachments

• IMG_4188.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 24
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Wow! So many good ones here. Hope I'm not submitting too many.
St Jean Pied-de-Port Sunrise outside Nájera Coming into León La Faba

Last edited:
Sunrise in Seville. First day on Via de la plata.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
@ZREXER Same location September 2012! After Montes de Oca, early morning. One of my favourite walking days.

Attachments

• DSC05062.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 20
So many lovely and paint-worthy captures on this thread.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Sunrise over Moratinos in April, 2015. Famous for it's wine caves.

On the outskirts of San Martin del Camino in April 2015. Is this the Spanish version of the 'leaning tower of Pisa?'

These are my favourite low light photo from my Camino in 2015. So many great photo opportunities!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks Mike, but when I looked back at the time sequence of this photos, I don't think it was walking to Eunate. Any one know where this might be?
It was probably between Granon and Belorado.
BTW, if someone were courageous enough to try to publish a book of Camino photos like these, I congratulate you but at the same time; but in the same breathe I say we need to keep her a secret.

Ruins of the 12th century Hospital de San Juan on the outskirts of Foncebadon in the predawn in April 2015

A selection of Camino Jewellery