• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Exchanging Hiking Poles @Santiago Aug 16,2024

Juhuja

Time of past OR future Camino
August 16-22,2024
Hi there,
I'm off for my first Camino (Camino Ingles) on August 16, 2024. I was wondering if there is anybody out there, who's finished the Camino and doesn't need his or her hiking/walking poles anymore on August 16. I would be glad if we could somehow exchange them at the Airport in Santiago. I arrive approx. at 9AM. Maybe there is somebody.
I would also leave them behind for some pilgrim in search of walking poles on August 22, 2024.
Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You can check with Pilgrim House. They often have hiking poles and other items that pilgrims don't want to take home.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
You can also check at your accommodation. I picked up a discarded set at my albergue in Santiago, used them to walk to Finisterre, then Porto to Santiago. Then I left them where I found them.

Thank you for your reply! I will check that one out
Pilgrim House is a wonderful place with great people who do a real service for pilgrims. Go there before and after. Please don't forget to leave a donation. Also you can pay Ivar a visit he is just a few doors away

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Pilgrim House is a wonderful place with great people who do a real service for pilgrims. Go there before and after. Please don't forget to leave a donation. Also you can pay Ivar a visit he is just a few doors away
Definitely a place to visit - they even had a ukulele when I was there to "rent" a pole for my Ingles.

Thank You everybody! I will keep all this in mind.

Most read last week in this forum