• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

End section in Lectoure or Condom to travel back to UK

brassneck

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning May 2025
So we are planning to do up to about 3 weeks from Conques for our next section towards the Spanish Border. A standard end-point with our booking company is to finish in Lectoure, however they also say Condom is possible. Which of these two places offers the easiest way to get back to Paris and the UK - not bothered if it is by train or flying. Bearing in mind we will be doing the next bit where we leave off if there is a significant different in accessibility this will help us when we return the following year.

Thanks!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Lectoure would be my choice. It has a train station. Travel time to Paris around 5 hours 30 min.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
In Condom, I can recommend Les Angelots chambres d'hotes or, if you're feeling flush, the hotel Continental just across the river.
Incidentally, the French are totally mystified by our Anglophone sniggering at the name of this charming little town! It has no connection with latex products.

I took the train from Moissac back to Paris when I walked the Via Podiensis. My friends and I had two extra days so we walked on to Auvillar for the night, but then turned around back to Moissac. Had I been more aware at the time, we could have walked on to Lectoure and taken that train instead.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Just over 6 weeks ago I took a bus from Lectoure to Agen and then a train from Agen to Paris, Monparnasse, as mentioned above by Glenshiro. It's quick and easy. The bus is quite regular and the train trip is hassle free.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Some photos of Condom.

Attachments

• IMG_4182.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4184.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4187.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4188.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4190.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 2