This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

El Ganso Earlier Today

Bob Howard

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2016 2018 2022
Just got to Rabanal. Started May 20. It is not crowded. No traffic jams or conga lines. But I’m not here to argue about “crowd” hysteria—I’ve done that enough over the last few years and likely irritated a few veteran Forum members.

Instead, I’m just reporting on something I saw today, although maybe it has already been mentioned on the Forum.

After being closed for the last few years, the El Ganso Cowboy Bar is open with new proprietors.
No bartender smoking and questionable hygiene. The new couple there have thoroughly cleaned up the place, including the aseos. Food now consistent with other good Camino bars. Previously, I would stop at the adjacent bar (to the right) in lieu of the old Cowboy Bar which seemed rather yucky. Being from cowboy country in Colorado, I like the idea of it even though it does seem gimmicky—kind of like the Elvis bar.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Glad to hear El Ganso's Meson Cowboy is open again....was that the place where they rang a bell as perigrinos approached, or am I thinking of somewhere else?. The old place was a bit scruffy but welcoming, I was always glad to stop for a coffee.....the new place looks great..an improvement.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I'm in El Ganso tonight. I thought I would stay in a tipi at The Indian Way, but they had to close a few days ago. The government insists that they have parking spaces inside the tipi compound. Mind you, this albergue is only for pilgrims, so they certainly don't need parking. It sounds like they were just looking for an excuse to shut them down. It's too bad, because it looked like a nice place to stay.

I'm in El Ganso tonight. I thought I would stay in a tipi at The Indian Way, but they had to close a few days ago.
I really wanted to stay there too. The day that I was in El Ganso was the first day that they were closed.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Trecile, did you happen to take a photo of the reconfigured Cruz de Ferro?
I have one, once I've sorted myself , I'll post one. Not many people in the shot, as a drone was flying and most people were put off by this.

Another piece of the Camino bites the dust. I liked the cowboy bar the way it was and enjoyed having a smoke with the grumpy proprietor and complaining about the pilgrims.
As for pilgrims who sleep in tipis needing parking spaces ...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum