Do It Yourself Guidebook

Paintboy2

Oct 10, 2015
Time of past OR future Camino
upload_2017-6-3_9-49-31.png upload_2017-6-3_9-50-32.png
Last year on my first Camino (CP) I was a little nervous about getting lost so I printed a rather detailed set of maps that I found on this web site: http://www.caminador.es/?page_id=117 . It seemed logical to also print my flight info and hotel reservations along with the various travel tickets. What I ended up with was my own customized guidebook.

We leave in a month for the CDN and this time I did it again. It contains all of my travel information, travel docs, route maps and descriptions from Gronze.com, list of accommodations for each town, a cheat sheet of Spanish phrases, and some other misc. information that I wanted at hand.

Best of all, like last year, I use it as a diary of the trip and write notes on the pages as I go through each day. For those of you wondering about weight, it is 5.5" x 8.5", spiral bound and 4.3 ounces.

I know, I have a Camino app downloaded too but phones break. This ends up being a great and useful souvenir of the trip.
Buen Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

nickymd1

Nov 6, 2016
Berlin
CdN'17, Regia'18, CF'19, CP'22, CFist/CMux '17/'22
I did the same in my iPhone. Created a PDF doc with all the details I wanted! But I understand how some people prefer the hard copy! :cool:

This is exactly my plan. I'll be backing it up on Google Drive, such that if something does go unfortunately and spectacularly south, I can find an internet cafe somewhere in the next bigger city and print the thing.

poogeyejr

Jan 14, 2011
Vancouver, BC
www.KathyTravels.com
Norte 2011, 2013, 2017, 2023; Frances 2017
This is exactly my plan. I'll be backing it up on Google Drive, such that if something does go unfortunately and spectacularly south, I can find an internet cafe somewhere in the next bigger city and print the thing.
That's what I was thinking too!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

I have just boarded an Iberia flight to Madrid, and so far have seen two people come on with collapsed poles attached to their backpacks. The topic that never dies……
The standard response to what to do when you get bed bugs, is to wash and dry everything at 60 degrees. But if you do that to your silk sleeping bag liner or your merino socks or t shirts or down...
I will do the Camino Frances from mid June to mid July and will start in Pamplona. Should I take a fleece/cold weather garment?
Does anyone have experience with the Patagonia Cool Daily long sleeve hoody on the Camino? Last summer on the Norte I wore the REI Sahara long sleeve t-shirt and while I liked it I found it a bit...
Hey all! Having rabbit holed many, many packing lists, I'd love y'alls feedback on my packing list - https://lighterpack.com/r/p6hm36 For context, I'm 49, medium experienced hiker, weigh 200lbs...
The new "Experience" line from Altra looks interesting. Has anybody tried them yet? I will order a pair of Altra Experience Wild and report back after some day hikes. They have the traditional...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.