• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • October the 12th 2004 I posted the first post here on this forum. 20 years have passed. Thank you for being such a good group of people and for hanging around. More here in this thread. All the best from Santiago, Ivar
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Detour to San Adrian tunnel

Pilgrim 122

Time of past OR future Camino
currently walking Rome to Santiago
I am on the viejo at the moment and took a detour to walk through the tunnel on Thursday. I know this was discussed in the virtual planning thread but mine was a less adventurous route as I didn't have time for the extra day to Beasin or the stamina for the hike from Zegama.
From Altsaua I took a taxi to Oztuarte (or you could walk 10km on the road) and from there there is little road about 5km that ends near the tunnel! I climbed up a hill and was on the open plain with the tunnel in sight. The marking was good lots of yellow arrows. I was thrilled to walk through the tunnel. The hiking was only 4km to the parking at Zumaraundi and then back on the road. It was quite tough and just as I was feeling pleased with myself I lost the trail. No yellow arrows and although I could see I was on the camino by my GPS I couldn't see any trail to walk on just trees and mud. Thankfully a walker appeared who showed me the way. A camino angel. From the car park it's the road to Zalduondo and then Salvatierra-Agurain.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum