• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Currently on the Camino Inglés

Time of past OR future Camino
camino Frances Aug 21 doing norte June 22
Hi all, I'm currently on the Ingles, in Neda, & thought I would post with the state of play.
1stly , if your flying into A Coruna, & starting at Ferrol, it's an easy transfer. I got a bus from the airport, into A Coruna, then from bus stand 1, a bus into Ferrol. I stayed at Real Ferrol, which is in the center, bang on the Way, highly recommended, I had a clean room, with my own bathroom, breakfast was included, of coffee, pastries, toast ect, I left early (0630) & the breakfast room was opened early for me, had a slight drizzle this morning ( Monday 2nd Sept) but nothing to drastic. I write this in the municipal albergue in Neda, which is VERY clean, opened at 1200 for registration, if you use the foot bridge to cross the river, it is straight in front of you, there are a couple of restaurants back over the bridge, which I will try later.....will update on conditions as I go....

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I see you're based in the UK. Which route did you fly to A Coruna? (Planning to do this camino next year.)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi all, I'm currently on the Ingles, in Neda, & thought I would post with the state of play.
1stly , if your flying into A Coruna, & starting at Ferrol, it's an easy transfer. I got a bus from the airport, into A Coruna, then from bus stand 1, a bus into Ferrol. I stayed at Real Ferrol, which is in the center, bang on the Way, highly recommended, I had a clean room, with my own bathroom, breakfast was included, of coffee, pastries, toast ect, I left early (0630) & the breakfast room was opened early for me, had a slight drizzle this morning ( Monday 2nd Sept) but nothing to drastic. I write this in the municipal albergue in Neda, which is VERY clean, opened at 1200 for registration, if you use the foot bridge to cross the river, it is straight in front of you, there are a couple of restaurants back over the bridge, which I will try later.....will update on conditions as I go....
Looking forward to your updates
Buen Camino

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Hi all, well today was the 2nd day of walking, currently in Pontedueme, walked from Neda this morning. A few observations about the first 2 days, I'm walking with my wife, it's her 1st camino, hence a shorter one, unfortunately she picked up a stomach bug in the UK just before we left, on hindsight we should've postponed it.....but hey ho.....
I've updated the journey from the UK, to Ferrol, & the walk to Neda in a previous post.
The albergue in Neda was clean, but be warned there are only 2 showers, 1 toilet per sex, my advice, get there early, square yourself & kit away, before the masses arrive. Try to opt for a bottom bunk, there are lights above the fire exit, which can't be switched off, but are right in your eye line, so a mask my be beneficial. We was going to walk to Mino, as I've heard good things about the albergue there, but, alas, nature decided that my wife wouldn't make it, so we checked into Hotel Sarga, just before the bridge in Pontedueme, cheap, very quiet, great showers, & on the "Way". Glad we did, as Pontedueme is a nice town to mooch around. We plan on going to Betanzos early, so I can get a morning dip, in MIno.
As I tried to explain to my wife, the camino is like life, it has its good points, bad points, highs & lows, why do we fall over (she did this morning....) it's so we can learn how to get up.....
The "Way" is quiet though, making this a peaceful wander.......

Hi all, well today was the 2nd day of walking, currently in Pontedueme, walked from Neda this morning. A few observations about the first 2 days, I'm walking with my wife, it's her 1st camino, hence a shorter one, unfortunately she picked up a stomach bug in the UK just before we left, on hindsight we should've postponed it.....but hey ho.....
I've updated the journey from the UK, to Ferrol, & the walk to Neda in a previous post.
The albergue in Neda was clean, but be warned there are only 2 showers, 1 toilet per sex, my advice, get there early, square yourself & kit away, before the masses arrive. Try to opt for a bottom bunk, there are lights above the fire exit, which can't be switched off, but are right in your eye line, so a mask my be beneficial. We was going to walk to Mino, as I've heard good things about the albergue there, but, alas, nature decided that my wife wouldn't make it, so we checked into Hotel Sarga, just before the bridge in Pontedueme, cheap, very quiet, great showers, & on the "Way". Glad we did, as Pontedueme is a nice town to mooch around. We plan on going to Betanzos early, so I can get a morning dip, in MIno.
As I tried to explain to my wife, the camino is like life, it has its good points, bad points, highs & lows, why do we fall over (she did this morning....) it's so we can learn how to get up.....
The "Way" is quiet though, making this a peaceful wander.......
I’m curious how your ill wife received your explanation about the Camino being like life. I know how my wife would have received it under similar circumstances.

Don’t get me wrong, your point(s) are valid, I’m just not that brave I guess. 🤣

Enjoy the Inglés, I did. Betanzos is special in my book.

I’m curious how your ill wife received your explanation about the Camino being like life. I know how my wife would have received it under similar circumstances.

Don’t get me wrong, your point(s) are valid, I’m just not that brave I guess. 🤣

Enjoy the Inglés, I did. Betanzos is special in my book.
Hmmmm she didn't much of a sense of humour at that....any recommendations to eat in Betanzos

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hmmmm she didn't much of a sense of humour at that....any recommendations to eat in Betanzos
My Inglés journey was 5 years ago, I remember eating in 2 very good restaurants, sadly their names escape me. I remember that everything seemed to be uphill though 😎

How has the weather been? And you said it's not really busy on the trails? I'm starting my Camino Ingles next week and can't wait!

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
How has the weather been? And you said it's not really busy on the trails? I'm starting my Camino Ingles next week and can't wait!
Hi, typical Galicia.....rain in the morning, then brightens up, it's a comfy 22 degrees, I'm currently in the Albergue in Betanzos.....highly recommended

Has the road from Ferrol to Neda been busy with pilgrims. How long did it take
James

One spot left (female, shared room) on the Catalina Island hike. Sign up by Sept 17
Hi all, just a little update about the conditions on the Ingles, walked from Betanzos to Hospital du bruma. The municipal albergue in Betanzos is a lovely restored building with many original features its clean, dorms are comfy with partitions, reading lamps, & charging points, great showers, washing machine & dryer....the route to Bruma is quite a slog, being a climb most of the way, but there are a couple of cafes along the route. It may be climbing most of the day, but it's a great walk, varying from rural country side, to eucalyptus forest, the 2 Ingles routes merge, so be warned accommodation in Bruma is VERY limited. We're staying at Albergue San Lorenzo. I'm writing this laying on a cofy bed, under a duvet....yup....on sheets, after having a rain water shower.....the hospitalerio speaks good English, & was patient whilst i muddled thru my broken Spanish, & is very helpful. There appears to be only 1 restaurant, with kitchen starting at 8pm, but seems quaint.

I enjoyed my stay there too, as you say the quilts were rather nice.
I found the vending machines - especially the coffee - particularly useful first thing in the morning. Got me to the first cafe a few k's down the road!

What's it like on trail at the moment - are there quite a few pilgrims?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I enjoyed my stay there too, as you say the quilts were rather nice.
I found the vending machines - especially the coffee - particularly useful first thing in the morning. Got me to the first cafe a few k's down the road!

What's it like on trail at the moment - are there quite a few pilgrims?
Hi, considering that both Ingles paths have merged not really. It's been quite a nice, quiet one so far.

When I was walking last year the trail was very full - absolutely everything in and around Bruma was booked solid, many people had to walk or taxi ahead.
I know it was also like that on several other occasions too, and September is a fairly popular time to walk. Hence why I asked.
It's always good to have updates from on the trail really helps somebody who might be following just behind. And us armchair pilgrims love it .. .

Buen Camino!

When I was walking last year the trail was very full - absolutely everything in and around Bruma was booked solid, many people had to walk or taxi ahead.
I know it was also like that on several other occasions too, and September is a fairly popular time to walk. Hence why I asked.
It's always good to have updates from on the trail really helps somebody who might be following just behind. And us armchair pilgrims love it .. .

Buen Camino!
I've tried to give a daily update, the albergue yesterday in Betanzos still had spare beds, it's quite a mix of people, a few Spanish, some German, Dutch, Americans, a few fellow Brits. The cafes never seems to be heaving, so there's not much waiting around

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I've tried to give a daily update
Yes, I've been following you. Actually I should have said this earlier but you could ask a moderator to combine all of your posts as a 'live from the Camino' thread. It makes it easy for others to find, and you don't have to start something new every day.
If you want to do that you can just 'report' one of your own posts, I'm sure they'll be happy to oblige.

Yes, I've been following you. Actually I should have said this earlier but you could ask a moderator to combine all of your posts as a 'live from the Camino' thread. It makes it easy for others to find, and you don't have to start something new every day.
If you want to do that you can just 'report' one of your own posts, I'm sure they'll be happy to oblige.
Ahhh, didn't realise that, thanks

Well, I thought the same thing when I saw that there were three threads by the same person talking about the same camino! I’ve merged them all, so that everyone can more easily follow @dimdog.

Just a heads up — when the computer merges threads, it puts all the posts in chronological order, so there may be some disjointed bits and pieces at the beginning. But going forward, it should be much easier to follow along. Buen camino, @dimdog.
Thanks for that, my iT skills are legendary in there lacking lol

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Well, I'm sat in A Coruna airport, waiting for the flight back to Gatwick, thought I would summarise my experience on the Ingles.

Direct flights from Gatwick, seem to be once a week, on a Sunday.
Bus from A Coruna airport, to A Coruna town bus station, then get a bus from No.1 stand, straight into Ferrol, around 90 mins
In Ferrol we stayed in Hotel Real, comfy, clean on the "way"
FERROL - NEDA, stayed in the municipal albergue, which is the yellowish building straight in front of you, once you've crossed the footbridge, comfy, clean, registration after 1200
NEDA - PONTEDUEME, stayed in a Hotel
Saga, just before the bridge, cheap, quiet, even had a pool
The walk out of Pontedueme is a bit steep, so a good calf workout...
PONTEDUEME- BETANZOS stayed in the municipal albergue which is a lovely old building, well run, & everything you need
BETANZOS - BRUMA, stayed in Albergue San Lorenzo, a private albergue, then beds are sooooooo comfy, with real sheets, & a duvet, dinner in the only restaurant in the village, kitchen closes at 8pm, book ahead as beds are VERY limited
BRUMA - SIGUEIRO stayed in Albergue Real, another nice, clean one, had our own room and bathroom
SIGUEIRO- SDC...stayed in hostal Costa Alzul, basic room, with double bed & our own bathroom, really comfy & quiet, the hospitalerio is great, sorted our taxi to the airport....the room overlooks the Cathedral, can't believe how little we paid

Hope this all helps if your planning the Ingles, it never felt rushed, or busy, with plenty of cafes along the way, it my wife's 1st Camino, & it's a good o e to start on

Buen Camino for your future wandering....

Thank you for your very helpful summary and sounds like you had a great time.
I am thinking seriously about the Camino Ingles next year so your posts are very useful.
Best wishes
Stuart

Hi all, just a little update about the conditions on the Ingles, walked from Betanzos to Hospital du bruma. The municipal albergue in Betanzos is a lovely restored building with many original features its clean, dorms are comfy with partitions, reading lamps, & charging points, great showers, washing machine & dryer....the route to Bruma is quite a slog, being a climb most of the way, but there are a couple of cafes along the route. It may be climbing most of the day, but it's a great walk, varying from rural country side, to eucalyptus forest, the 2 Ingles routes merge, so be warned accommodation in Bruma is VERY limited. We're staying at Albergue San Lorenzo. I'm writing this laying on a cofy bed, under a duvet....yup....on sheets, after having a rain water shower.....the hospitalerio speaks good English, & was patient whilst i muddled thru my broken Spanish, & is very helpful. There appears to be only 1 restaurant, with kitchen starting at 8pm, but seems quaint.
I am pretty sure the kitchen *closes* at 8! (Yes, very unusual for Spain which is why the hospitalerio mentions it).

Edited to add: I see you caught this in your summary post!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know what or why the RENFE website is NOT listing any train service from MADRID to LEON (or onward to OVIEDO) after October 9?? I am trying to travel from Madrid to Oviedo (via Leon)...
So annoying! I booked the train in June ready for travelling tomorrow and I got this message yesterday. It seems the 15:20 train I was booked on from Bayonne to SJDP tomorrow has been cancelled. I...
I hope I am posting this in the right subject section. My annual multi-trip travel insurance has a limit on the duration of any one trip of 45 days. Any claim must include evidence of departure...
Hi , I’ll be travelling from Madrid Charmartin to Sarria on Oct2024 to start my first Camino! And when I search the information in the forums find that the train from Ourense to Sarria is under...
Two Trains SNCF at 6am and 8am from Bayonne to SJPdeP got cancelled 12.09 . And we are going to start our France tomorrow 12.09, maybe someone has the same problem and wants to share taxi in the...
Hope I am posting at the right place -- five of us will complete the Camino and plan to rent a car, drive to Tui, then drop off the car there, and walk aross the bridge to Vanlensa and pick up a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back