• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credential Book for Camino Lebaniego

Time of past OR future Camino
FRuture: Camino Sureste (2022)
Dear all,
I will be starting the Camino Lebaniego for San Vincente de la Barquera on the 7th October and I am not sure from where to obtain the credentail book for this Camino. Does anyone know if I can obtain it from San Vinte de La Barquera. I want to be sure to have it with me when I start the Camino.
Someone told me that they give it at Santander and Santillana del Mar but I will travel direct from Bilbao to San Vincente de La Barquera. Maybe I can obtain it at Bilbao ??
Thank you in advance,
Raymond Aquilina

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
When I was in San Vicente in May this year (I hiked the Norte in the opposite direction), the local tourist office had special credentials for the Lebaniego. I got one for free. At the albergue I was told that pilgrims can also get them at the church on top of the hill.

When I was in San Vicente in May this year (I hiked the Norte in the opposite direction), the local tourist office had special credentials for the Lebaniego. I got one for free. At the albergue I was told that pilgrims can also get them at the church on top of the hill.
Very well ...thank you . I suppose this is the Iglesia de Santa Maria de Los Angeles on top of the hill. According to Google this opens every day.

Thank you so much.
Ray

One spot left (female, shared room) on the Catalina Island hike. Sign up by Sept 17
IMG_3478.jpeg

The credential for the Camino Lebaniego ("Año jubliar 2023-2024") is more like a brochure (with 24 pages). It contains maps, accommodation suggestions and additional information concerning the historical background of this camino and others nearby (Vadiniense, Lebaniego Asturiano, Lebaniego Leonés, Lebaniego Castellano). There is space for 32 stamps (more than enough).

I'll probably use it next year in spring.

IMG_3477.jpegIMG_3479.jpegIMG_3480.jpeg

View attachment 177279

The credential for the Camino Lebaniego ("Año jubliar 2023-2024") is more like a brochure (with 24 pages). It contains maps, accommodation suggestions and additional information concerning the historical background of this camino and others nearby (Vadiniense, Lebaniego Asturiano, Lebaniego Leonés, Lebaniego Castellano). There is space for 32 stamps (more than enough).

I'll probably use it next year in spring.

View attachment 177280View attachment 177281View attachment 177282
Thanks for this information I had not read that anywhere. I love to get a Credential that is a reminder and also a Souvenir. I usually bring an Irish one with me also.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back