This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Cool sello in Lalín

trecile

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Norte, Salvador, Primitivo, Portuguese
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
David has changed the color of the wax this year, last year it was red
I do believe that I have a shell charm on mine.

After the Olvidado and Invierno I didn't have enough space for all his stamps so he added an extra page.

Ultreia from Zamora.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We got one from there last Spring. We got one from there last March.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240626-181642_Photos.jpg
    846.2 KB · Views: 34
Train for your next Camino on California's Santa Catalina Island, Oct 27 to Nov 2
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It was a real treat to meet Daniel and talk about his and his pals’ efforts. He did confess that it was at times hard to keep upbeat when after all of that painstaking work, the donativo box went untouched. I think I remember that he told me there were no public funds going into the effort.

So, peregrinos, when you get what is probably the coolest sello ever put into your credential, be generous!

And now having searched for about 20 minutes for my 2024 credential, I am sorry to say that it seems to have walked away. I could have sworn I put it with all my others, but I just can’t find it!!! If and when I do, I’ll post my sello, because I think the little charm I got was different from the ones posted.

I'm so embarrassed now. I didn't even see a donation box.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I’m so embarrassed now. I didn't even see a donation box.
It’s quite hidden and doesn’t have a sign on it. He also gifted us shells because we were admiring the more ‘rustic’ ones he had compared with the ‘commercial’ pristine white ones we have, and we kept offering to buy them until he finally mentioned the donation box. Unfortunately we had hardly any coins left after using most of them for the washing machine at the albergue.

Yes, I have read that that Daniel and the rest of the Lalin team rely on donations. The donation box was on the righthand side of the counter the day we were there.

A couple of snaps: Daniel stamping one of pur credentials and another of us with him. We had walked in heavy rain all day so his very warm welcome was wonderful.

Attachments

• 20240629_085126.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 17
  • FB_IMG_1697565324016.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 18
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
He needs to keep his donation box in plain view and write on it. It's a shame he lacks donations and yet, apparently many who stop by for a sello or stay overnight do not see it.
Yes, even though it was in plain view, I didn’t see it and had to ask him — ¿no hay para donativos?

I have had great luck getting donations to Camino people/places in Spain and Portugal by paying attention to which forum members are walking when and then contacting them privately to see about having them make a donation on my behalf. I’ve transferred money by zelle and by check.

Oh! What a good idea!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Oh! What a good idea!!
A perfect example of “necessity is the mother of invention.” I had tried repeatedly to use a bank transfer to make a donation to a donativo on the Olvidado and was stymied at every turn. So I saw a couple of forum members who were headed that way, and they made the donation for me. Zelle was our method of transfer in that case, I think. I have used the check method several times, and it is the perfect low tech solution (that is, if you still have a checkbook!).

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum