• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Continuting my Camino del Norte

Axxxx7

Time of past OR future Camino
Bilbao - Santander, May 2024
Hi everyone,

For a couple weeks ago, I walked a part of Camino del Norte, from Bilbao to Santander. I arrived to Bilbao with no expectations, and ended up loving it so much. It cleared my head after a long time with stress and thing in private life. Now, I plan to go back to Santander, and continue where I left off. I wont have the time to walk to the Compostella, but I plan to at least walk to Gijon or Ovieda, depending on which way I will choose - Norte or Primitivo.

The lovely people I met on my way, will not be there anymore, and this time, I will continue alone. Do you think it will be an issue meeting people on the way for some social interaction? The people played a big role for my experiences on the Camino. Im planning to go back in the middle of July

Thank you

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I just did that exact walk - alone. I met fewer people than I expected, but could not have loved the walk more. Please look at the coastal option out of Santander! It was the best part for me. Not marked and difficult to find at times, but so worth it. I used these maps as guides:

Check out this trail from @Wikiloc! https://www.wikiloc.com/hiking-trai...um=app&utm_campaign=share&utm_source=15399504 (Santander - Boo Camino del Norte along the coast (part one))1719770628255.png

Check out this trail from @Wikiloc! https://www.wikiloc.com/hiking-trai...um=app&utm_campaign=share&utm_source=15399504 (Santander - Boo Camino del Norte along the coast (part two))1719770699043.png

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, For a couple weeks ago, I walked a part of Camino del Norte, from Bilbao to Santander. I arrived to Bilbao with no expectations, and ended up loving it so much. It cleared my head...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back