This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Confusing Spot on Camino Verde

dadof11

Time of past OR future Camino
Summer 2025
My wife and I just finished walking the Camino Verde yesterday and today. We loved it! It was very well marked with green arrows and pretty easy to follow. We also followed along with Mapy.cz. The two almost always, but not always, correspond. However, when there is a difference, they always rejoin not far on.

However, about 9.35 km out of Friol we ran into a lost pilgrim. We could not see any green arrows. However, the route on Mapy.cz was clear. But there was a string across the trail and two good sized rocks. We went over the string and had no further problems. Just wanted to give a heads up for those who might get confused at that point the the path is where the string is. Sorry, should have taken a picture.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Farmers often use twine or rope across a path or lane - if its the same place on the Camino Verde thst I remember from June it was simply to dissuade cattle from proceeding any further. Not to dissuade pilgrims!

Thanks for that info!

The same day we were sitting at the side of the road having a snack. A parade of a couple dozen cows lumbered past. Amazing a string across a path could dissuade something that big!!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.