• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Coastal Camino Portugal 2024 / 2025

SparkyBridie

Time of past OR future Camino
I walked inland along the Portuguese route from Porto to Santiago in 2007. What a joy! I'd like to try the Coastal Route in October of this year or Spring 2025. I'm older now and want my bag carried on a daily basis but still looking for the freedom to walk without too much planning ahead. Is accommodation outside of the hostel system easy to find in October? Are local bag carrying services available and can I organise my trip without having to pay a travel company? Your advice and suggestions very welcome.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
First, let me mention that we used TOP Santiago to transport our packs up from Porto. We simply contacted them the afternoon before a pick up with our location (which they had already delivered to) and our next destination. Using WhatsApp worked wonderfully for our communication with them. However, you will need to know your destination that next day for your delivery. So with regard to planning, you can identify a variety of accommodation types at the distances you want to walk each day on a website like Gronze.com. So, absolutely no need to hire a travel company as making your arrangements well in advance or just a day or two before is very easy to do. Bom Caminho!

I walked inland along the Portuguese route from Porto to Santiago in 2007. What a joy! I'd like to try the Coastal Route in October of this year or Spring 2025. I'm older now and want my bag carried on a daily basis but still looking for the freedom to walk without too much planning ahead. Is accommodation outside of the hostel system easy to find in October? Are local bag carrying services available and can I organise my trip without having to pay a travel company? Your advice and suggestions very welcome.

Yes, yes and yes. Have a browse through the relevant section of the forum and/or give the search function a go. You’ll get much more information than just relying on whoever’s online over the next few days.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Belated thanks for the information and encouragement @trecile and @Hen
Yes, yes and yes. Have a browse through the relevant section of the forum and/or give the search function a go. You’ll get much more information than just relying on whoever’s online over the next few days.

Belated thanks for advice and encouragement. Just getting the hang of the forum.
Planning beginning already.
Gronze.com seems to be excellent.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Obrigado! Great information and advice. Apologies if you received a message already. Just learning the ropes of the forum.

Most read last week in this forum

For the past couple of years, the mods have volunteered to create calendars that show forum members’ names, date of departure, and departure city. The hope is that it gives people a chance to...
My brother Bruno was traveling the Santiago paths and the last time we had contact with him was when he arrived in Santiago de Compostela. We haven't heard from him since August 17th. If you...
Hello fellow pilgrims, I am planning on opening an Albergue on the Portuguese route. I have walked both the Frances and the Portuguese route. I speak pretty decent Portuguese and am looking for...
Hello, I am going to be walking my first Camino this spring and will spend two weeeks in Spain. I will take a relaxed walk from Sarria to Santiago. I will be almost 79 years old and walk five...
Hello everyone, I’m Giacomo from Italy, and I’m excited to join this community!I’ve been running almost every day for years now, though typically for shorter distances. Recently, I’ve been...
I am in Larrasoaña.. is there a service to get my pack to pamplona in the morning?

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back