• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Chemín de Puy - Finally Here!

Michael-FL

Time of past OR future Camino
Caminho Portugues (2017)
Frances/Salvador/Primitivo (2021)
It’s been a long time coming, but I’m back on the Camino again, after waiting several years. I lost my dear wife Cathy in early 2020, after caring for her for eight years. I had planned to walk the Camino in her memory in 2020, but as we all know, Covid happened.
But here I am now, Day 11 in Varaire, in the Occitanie Region of France, on a very long trek all the way to Santiago, Finisterre and Muxia.
So, I’m walking this pilgrimage in memory of Cathy and carrying the prayer intentions of many people I promised to pray for at every church, chapel or roadside shrine along the Way.
Some stretches of the Chemín/GR65 are really tough. I just hope my feet hold out. Right now, my right little toe is hamburger.
But even with the little discomforts and the occasional loneliness of traveling solo as I am, I wouldn’t trade this experience for anything - walking 1,026 miles from Le Puy-en-Velay to Muxia. I’ve met some wonderful people and gained new insights. Most importantly, it’s also given me time to be alone with God, spending time in discernment, figuring what the next chapter might look like.
So tomorrow, I get up early and do it all over again, heading 20 miles for Cahors, attending the Pilgrim Mass tomorrow night and taking a two day rest there. Before I know it, I’ll be shuffling into St Jean Pied-de-Port on or about 8 October for Part II of this journey. Say a little prayer for me. -MikeIMG_4537.jpeg

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Buen Camino! I have been sitting at my computer this morning to begin planning for my Le Puy in Spring 2025 when I saw your post. Will be thinking of you. Take care of that little toe!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Buen Camino/Bon Chemin @Michael-FL. I wish you safe travels in all respects. We (me and three others) will set out from Le Puy next Wednesday (25th Sept), and you will be well ahead of us so our paths won't cross, Indeed I hope not to see your toe :) ...

It’s been a long time coming, but I’m back on the Camino again, after waiting several years. I lost my dear wife Cathy in early 2020, after caring for her for eight years. I had planned to walk the Camino in her memory in 2020, but as we all know, Covid happened.
But here I am now, Day 11 in Varaire, in the Occitanie Region of France, on a very long trek all the way to Santiago, Finisterre and Muxia.
So, I’m walking this pilgrimage in memory of Cathy and carrying the prayer intentions of many people I promised to pray for at every church, chapel or roadside shrine along the Way.
Some stretches of the Chemín/GR65 are really tough. I just hope my feet hold out. Right now, my right little toe is hamburger.
But even with the little discomforts and the occasional loneliness of traveling solo as I am, I wouldn’t trade this experience for anything - walking 1,026 miles from Le Puy-en-Velay to Muxia. I’ve met some wonderful people and gained new insights. Most importantly, it’s also given me time to be alone with God, spending time in discernment, figuring what the next chapter might look like.
So tomorrow, I get up early and do it all over again, heading 20 miles for Cahors, attending the Pilgrim Mass tomorrow night and taking a two day rest there. Before I know it, I’ll be shuffling into St Jean Pied-de-Port on or about 8 October for Part II of this journey. Say a little prayer for me. -MikeView attachment 177891
Prayers for you, brother. 🙏

Most read last week in this forum

Hello All! I am a nervous first timer trying the first hike on CF from September 24-28, flying from NY area to Paris. Original plan was SJPDP to Pamplona, but then heard it will be rainy during...
Hi all, Maybe some can give some advice/helping words for me to actually be able to go do it. I am feeling the need to walk the frances (i originally planned and wanted to do the primitivo for...
Hello friends! My name is Kelly (aka SonderWithMe) and I’m going to be starting the Camino from SJPP on September 26th - so excited (and a little nervous)!!! 😁 Anyway, I’m wondering if it’s...
Hi Pilgrims! I am planning on starting the Camino Frances between Oct 10-13 and I was hoping to get input about a couple specifics: Ticket's are bought and I decided to start on the holiday -...
I have walked the CF twice in August and October plus the Le Puy camino in August. I walked Irun to Bilbao in August as well. I planned to walk the Portuguese camino from Lisbon but now don't...
Hi everyone - so glad to find this forum. have 4 weeks approx and intend on taking the walk handy enough!! to Santiago, onwards to Finisterre and Muxia. looking forward to it, and meeting some...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back