• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

CF in November /December

JamesG

Time of past OR future Camino
Via Del Norte 2022,
Camino Portugese 2023
I start the Plata October 2nd aiming to finish in and around the 7th of November. From there my plan is to take a few days off in Santiago then travel to St Jean Pied de Port to begin the CF.
Looking to send some weather appropriate gear ahead to swap out from the Plata. It would be coming from outside the EU. Can anyone tell where there is a place in Santiago I can ship it to and they could hold for a few weeks for me?

Many thanks

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I believe, and I could be wrong, the Guarda will close the Pass over the Pyrennes to Roncesvalles that time of year. Folks, too many folks, die trying to hike it and it costs the local SAR $$$ to recover bodies and 'lost' peregrinos.

The Napoleon route across the Pyrenees in the Camino Francés is closed from November 1 to March 31. The Valcarlos route is an alternative route for pilgrims traveling during this time. Pilgrims who travel over the Pyrenees and are rescued while using the Napoleon route will be fined €5,000.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Look at the menu at the top of this site, to see "Services by Casa Ivar in Santiago."
Thanks C clearly, but it indicates that I cannot ship in from outside the EU due to custom issues.

it indicates that I cannot ship in from outside the EU due to custom issues.
I would think that the customs rules would apply equally no matter whether you send it to Ivar in Santiago, or another address in Spain.

Can you bring the stuff with you when you come to Spain, and send it to Casa Ivar right away from your starting point?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I would think that the customs rules would apply equally no matter whether you send it to Ivar in Santiago, or another address in Spain.

Can you bring the stuff with you when you come to Spain, and send it to Casa Ivar right away from your starting point?
Yes good point and good suggestion. It’s the first time I try to send gear ahead of me.

Thanks Ccleary!

Yes good point and good suggestion. It’s the first time I try to send gear ahead of me.

Thanks Ccleary!
I think that it would be cheaper also to bring your extra gear for the camino with you to Sevilla. Then once in Sevilla ship to Ivar. I am sure you know to spend a few days in Sevilla. It is wonderful.

Thanks It56ny in early on the 2nd out on the 3rd. I’ll see some highlights and apparently morning pilgrim mass at the cathedral and of course the post office.

Appreciate the advice!!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I’m trying to figure out carrying the things I want easily accessible and I know many people wear a waist pack in addition to their backpack, but that just seems uncomfortable to me. What I’d love...
I am sorry if this has been previously asked but I cannot find the answer… my question is: If I feel like I am carrying unnecessary things on the Camino (I am presently walking the Francis), is it...
Hi- amateur photographer here (who misspells things in post titles when not wearing glasses!!) and doing my first Camino starting next week (Frances from SJPP) and have been back and forth...
I'm plan to complete the Camino Frances in a final 2 week stint from Ponferrada to Santiago de Compostela. I'll need to wash clothes half way, which will probably be near Sarria. Does anyone know...
Is there anywhere in Santiago that I can donate a backpack, poncho, coolmax sleep liner, Finisterre guide book and an unused credential? I would like someone else to have use of them if possible - ta!
Kathmandu in 2015 made the perfect pair of hiking shorts and then they changed the design and made them all skinny. I have Polynesian tree trunk thighs so I don't want a fitted look. I want...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.