• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Can I do the Camino Portogues (Coastal Route) in 10 days & Weather

walkonrocks

Time of past OR future Camino
October 31st to November 10th
Hi everyone,

I have decided last minute, to walk the Portgues Route from Porto to Santiago (Coastal Route) in the beginning of November. Does anyone have any experience with the weather around that time of year? Also, I think that an average of 28 days should be doable so I am planning to do it in 10 days (I know it's not ideal but I don't have much more time).

Any advise that anyone can share will be really appreciated.
Also, I read about bed bugs in the hostels along that route. What is everyones experience with that?
Thank you all!
R

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
There is good public transport and a commuter rail line running north out of Porto along the coast, so you could plan to fly to Porto and start somewhere like Viana do Castelo.

If you haven't spent much time in Portugal or Spain, it's nice to have some energy and time in your day to explore the town you're staying in each day, as well as a buffer at the start of your trip (especially if you're coming from a different time zone) and at the end of your trip (there is plenty to see in Santiago). You might also look into the sunrise and sunset times.

As for bedbugs, just go prepared to put your pack and contents in a dryer in case you do see signs of them.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum