• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Portuguese

EddieGil

Time of past OR future Camino
Walking Camino Francés from October 3rd.
Dear friends, I want to contact a Belgian pilgrim called Dirk that I met on the Portuguese Coastal Camino in May, 2023. I had told Dirk that I was writing a book about pilgrimage and he ran to catch up with me on the way to Santiago so that he could give me his email address so that I could tell him when the book was published. The book, 'Another Day in Paradise- stories of transformation from the Camino and other places' has now been published but I have lost Dirk's email address! Dirk was 72 and had walked lots of Caminos and he told me that he knew Antonio de Vaza from Braga who he said was President of the Portuguese Camino Association and that Antonio had cooked delicious meals for a group of people who were walking from Seville to Santiago in 2022! If anyone can help me to get in contact with Dirk (or Antonio!) that would be wonderful! My wife and I will now be walking the whole of the Camino Francés, starting on October 3rd. Thanks to all, Eddie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I just completed the Camino Portugués (Senda Litoral and Spiritual Variant) - I walked from Aug. 29th to Sept. 12th - and I want to share lessons learned. On the plus side: - The...
I'm currently planning to walk the CP coastal route next fall, and I know that some of the seaside towns along the way can get crowded with people on holiday and surfing during the summer months...
At the beginning, I would like to mention that this is a description of my Camino I walked in early September 2024, from Porto to Santiago de Compostela. I'll start with the gear I had. The...
Dear friends, I want to contact a Belgian pilgrim called Dirk that I met on the Portuguese Coastal Camino in May, 2023. I had told Dirk that I was writing a book about pilgrimage and he ran to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back