This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camino Portuguese starting in Mid November?

MKalcolm M

Solvitur ambulando - It is solved by walking
Time of past OR future Camino
north route spring 2013
I would like to walk the Portuguese camino starting in mid November from Coimbra arriving in Santiago in tme for my 65th birthday on December 3rd. Will any of the albergues be open at this time of year, or what would it be like getting budget accommodation? I've walked from Porto in the past but during the season. Any tips or suggestions for this route in November would be welcome.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Can't say about the albergues, but budget hotels should be readily available and quite reasonable in November, along the way (usually October is the break-point between seasons, and prices go down).

It could be quite wet. Be sure you're prepared for rain!

Thanks! I live in South West Scotland, where it rains in biblical proportions in the winter, so will be prepared for wet weather.

The 2025 edition of the Lightfoot Guide to the via Podiensis is now available
I walked the 2nd part of the CP from Porto in January a few years back and found enough albergues open- but equally some extra money for alternative accommodation is wise. And once you reach Spain of course the Xunta albergues will be open.

Gronze is a decent source for when albergues are open

Thanks! I live in South West Scotland, where it rains in biblical proportions in the winter, so will be prepared for wet weather.
„biblical proportions“ - I‘d say that’s the right attitude for this way.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum