• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camino Portugues por la Costa - Video and notes!

bjorgts

Time of past OR future Camino
In Spain, France, Portugal, Germany since 2003
Here is my photo video from the Camino Portugues, costal route. We chose almost every opportunity to go Litoral - right out on the coastline. Only the day between Esposende and Viana do Castelo we chose the camino and not the Litoral. We also chose the Variant Espiritual.

I had read about unclear markings and different routes in and out of Vigo, and was a bit worried about that part. We chose to follow the description in our German guide from Conrad Stein Verlag. It gave us a nice walk into town. I have drawn the route we walked in a couple of pictures in the video. If anyone wants more details, just ask and I'll answer.

Very lucky with the weather! Great camino! Very unusual for us, who hardly meet other walkers on our caminos, to be among so many other walkers.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing! I am one week and one day away from my flight to Porto, and your pictures and videos made my heart flutter a time or two . It’s been 12 years since my last Camino, and your lovely visual journal of your trip has left me even more “leaning forward” than I already was!

Thank you! As you can see, we were VERY lucky whith the weather! Before we started, it had been cold, and the rain we got on our two last days, continued for two weeks!

Good luck with your camino!

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
Thanks! I will be walking almost this exact route in May 2025. This was very helpful and fun!

Thanks and gratitude for this wonderful photo video! Can't wait for this next month to pass - tho' the weather may not be as nice as what you experienced!

Most read last week in this forum