• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Pendant for Ashes

David el peregrino

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2016
Camino Portuguese 2017
Hi there,

firstly i struggled to find the right forum for this message.....

I am looking to buy a Camino shell pendant that I can hang around my neck which I can place some of my wife's ashes in (she passed away recently).

If anyone knows where I could buy one in Europe that would be great.

Thanks
D

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
How very sad xxx

In my ebay shop I sell one-decade rosaries that come in a small plastic case with a medallion of St James attached - if the case would be good for you I would be happy to gift one to you (including the one decade rosary) - here the listing -

But a pendant? - I also sell these small shell-shaped lockets - these don't make a seal but would hold a small amount if you could seal the ashes somehow -

- again, should this be useful to you would be happy to gift one.

Please message me if either would help.

Last edited:
Thank you. I am thinking how I seal, maybe using glue. Also my other concern is shipping to the EU. I might see if a friend is coming over who can bring it with them.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thank you. I am thinking how I seal, maybe using glue. Also my other concern is shipping to the EU. I might see if a friend is coming over who can bring it with Epoxy glue will be better.

Thank you. I am thinking how I seal, maybe using glue. Also my other concern is shipping to the EU. I might see if a friend is coming over who can bring it with them.
Epoxy glue will work better.

Hi there,

I am looking to buy a Camino shell pendant that I can hang around my neck which I can place some of my wife's ashes in (she passed away recently).

Thanks
D
Sorry to hear about your loss… Look in jewelry shops they may have one.

First, so sorry for your loss. You could probably solder the edges of the shells to seal it thereby hold the ashes of your dear wife. Of course, gluing the shut might work too. Welding would be probably too much. Buen Camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
One alternative, albeit arguably clunky looking, is a hermetically sealed (with a silicone ring) pill box that is designed to be connected to a key chain. I have seen them in plastic and metal. It could easily be worn around your neck.

You could search using Google or Amazon to see if you can source one of these screw-closed pill boxes that might be smaller or more aesthetic.

I suppose they would be locally sourced in a pharmacy.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi there,

Thanks
D
Hi David, you will get plenty of different thoughts. about your wifes ashes, relax and do what you feel right about.
I lost my wife 5 months ago so feel for you and understand what you are going through.
I am planning the Full French Camino starting April 25, and am planning to fill the curved inner of. a. NZ scallop shell with some of her ashes mixed into clear epoxy. Test before because not all dry clear.
That scallop will possible be tossed into the sea at the end of. my stroll, I will what and see how God leads.

Hi there,

Thanks
D
This is a beautiful idea! My husband died in April and we were walking this May. My daughter is now going with me in September and we are walking in his honor. We are scattering his ashes in each town and getting the tattoo in Santiago he wanted in his honor. I love the idea of the shell pendant to put some of his ashes in!

Most read last week in this forum

Stopped in at a Starbucks in Vancouver today. I don’t care for Starbucks but was with a friend who likes it. A latte or similar at Starbucks costs around €4. That’s a typical price for any coffee...
Hi everyone, I leave for my Camino in a few short weeks and am trying to figure out what the washing machine situation is. I will be traveling on the CP from Porto and hoping to take the coastal...
A Stolperstein is a ten-centimetre (3.9 in) concrete cube bearing a brass plate inscribed with the name and life dates of victims of Nazi extermination or persecution. Literally, it means...
The affect of a church on each of us is highly subjective and possibly based on many considerations, including; location, architecture, a particular statue, perhaps a memory inspired by an art...
76 year old male looking to do another Camino around April 2025. Completed CF from SJPP in 2022 and Portuguese from Porto earlier this year. I’ve looked at del Norte, but wanted to keep days...
Dear Forum Members, I’m reaching out to invite those planning to walk the Camino de Santiago to participate in a research study aimed at exploring the effects of the Camino pilgrimage on health...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.