Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Norte Pilgrim numbers are down on 2019

DoughnutANZ

Ka whati te tai ka kai te tōreapango
Apr 16, 2019
Tamaki Makaurau Auckland, Aotearoa New Zealand
Time of past OR future Camino
2019, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027 & 2028.
The graph below shows that numbers by month of Compostelas issued for Pilgrims on the Camino Norte (as defined by the Pilgrim Office) have declined slightly since 2019.

Keep in mind that the data is by month of arrival in Santiago de Compostela.

This year's drop has been consistent across the last three months although the drop is relative small given overall numbers walking. It will be interesting to see what August and September bring. Perhaps this shows that numbers on the Norte peaked in 2019. The Norte is running against the overall trend across almost all other Caminos which are generally showing increases over their 2019 figures.

Norte16.jpeg

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

vleadbe

Apr 17, 2022
UK
Camino Portugese (2016)
I'm starting the Norte in a couple of weeks after finishing the Le Puy route so I'm actually glad to hear numbers have gone down rather than up. I'm dreading a bed race after the relaxation of the Le Puy route.

Reactions: DoughnutANZ
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

BombayBill

Still Learning
Sep 13, 2017
Rocky Mountains, Canada
September 2024 Invierno / VdLP or Cathar
The graph below shows that numbers by month of Compostelas issued for Pilgrims on the Camino Norte (as defined by the Pilgrim Office) have declined slightly since 2019.

Keep in mind that the data is by month of arrival in Santiago de Compostela.

This year's drop has been consistent across the last three months although the drop is relative small given overall numbers walking. It will be interesting to see what August and September bring. Perhaps this shows that numbers on the Norte peaked in 2019. The Norte is running against the overall trend across almost all other Caminos which are generally showing increases over their 2019 figures.

View attachment 130772
Love your data for the sake of data! My new favorite is this gentleman @diegoromerosm His weather and arrival stats are beautiful. https://solviturambulando.es/en/daily-pilgrim-arrivals/

• Love
Reactions: DoughnutANZ

DoughnutANZ

Ka whati te tai ka kai te tōreapango
Apr 16, 2019
Tamaki Makaurau Auckland, Aotearoa New Zealand
2019, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027 & 2028.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

hello Pilgrims this is my 2nd Camino, but first time doing Camino Norte. Flying into San Sebastián Airport on Wednesday would like to start Camino in Pasaje to enter the coastal route . Would...
We are about to start our first Camino tomorrow morning and, after much getting lost, we are relaxing on our very comfortable beds at Hotel Urdanibia Park. My question is, do we start from where...
Hi, Im currently on the CDN at Sam Martin de Laspa. Has anyone done the Mountain route recently between Soto de Luina and Cadavedo. Some guides say it’s impassable but others say it’s not? Would...
Hi Everyone, As a follow up of my post https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/camino-del-norte-smaller-stages-baggage-transport.85025/#post-1225909, here is the feedback from my first...
I just want to share with you, This Friday I will be off to CDN. It's very special because I have cancelled it twice in the past due to events out of my control. This will be my first Camino...
Hi all, I would like to give my poles away to another pilgrim. I will be available 15 May in Bilbao. The poles worked great until I didn't (tendinitis. It is all good, It is going away)...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides