• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 74,075 Camino Questions

Camino Mozarabe in March

Peter Nordberg

Frances 2019, Portugues 2022, VDLP 2023
Time of past OR future Camino
Planning for Mozarabe and Torres March/Apr2025.
Hola peregrinos,
I´m planning to do the Camino Mozarabe/Plata/Torres to Santiago starting in Almeria March next year. Has anyone walked Mozarabe in March? I wonder how cold it can be, it is quite high altituds some days I have noticed. Also interested to hear from you who have walked Mozarabe and Torres any time, how you liked it and if you have som knowledge to share.
Best regards
Peter

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I walked it from March 21 in 2023, from Almeria. You will probably meet up with the other pilgrims and form an impromptu 'party'. The organisers, Nely etc. do a lot of organising access to the albergues.

The mornings can be cold. But you generally reach the albergues as the heat begins to rise. Mid afternoon to evenings.
My walk had good conditions, but it could be tougher during a cold spell.

The walking is generally easy enough. No gruelling ups or downs. It can be done in a shoe.

Check guidebooks for shops and cafes in the mornings and restaurants in the afternoons. In some sections there's limited supply. Look out for fountains, most are potable.

Granada releases you from the grip of the organisers and quite possibly the 'party'. Thereafter you have the way to yourself. With more habitations and supplies. Cordoba then Merida.

Hola peregrinos,
I´m planning to do the Camino Mozarabe/Plata/Torres to Santiago starting in Almeria March next year. Has anyone walked Mozarabe in March? I wonder how cold it can be, it is quite high altituds some days I have noticed. Also interested to hear from you who have walked Mozarabe and Torres any time, how you liked it and if you have som knowledge to share.
Best regards
Peter
Are you planning Torres to Portugues or Torres to Geira e dos Arrieiros?

I walked it from March 21 in 2023, from Almeria. You will probably meet up with the other pilgrims and form an impromptu 'party'. The organisers, Nely etc. do a lot of organising access to the albergues.

The mornings can be cold. But you generally reach the albergues as the heat begins to rise. Mid afternoon to evenings.
My walk had good conditions, but it could be tougher during a cold spell.

The walking is generally easy enough. No gruelling ups or downs. It can be done in a shoe.

Check guidebooks for shops and cafes in the mornings and restaurants in the afternoons. In some sections there's limited supply. Look out for fountains, most are potable.

Granada releases you from the grip of the organisers and quite possibly the 'party'. Thereafter you have the way to yourself. With more habitations and supplies. Cordoba then Merida.
Thanks för sharing, Not sure I understand this 'party' thing. Did you join a group? Who is Nely?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Are you planning Torres to Portugues or Torres to Geira e dos Arrieiros?
To Portugues. The full plan is to start in Almeria an continue on Via de la Plata in Merida and walk to Santiago and continue on Torres to Portuguese and Santiago. About 1500 km in total. But might just walk part of it next year, it depends om how body and mind feel.

But I have not really looked at Geira e dos Arrierios. Might be an alternative.

Last edited:
Hola peregrinos,
Best regards
Peter
I started out from Almeria end of March some years ago.

Day 1-2 is along along a dry, stony riverbed. Rough.

After 4 days, I was walking below the Sierra Nevada mountains. It was very cold, but the worst was the icy, strong winds at that high altitude. Beginning of April, I had to abort due to pneumonia. Personally, I will not go back to finish it.

The name/person Nely is most likely from the Almeria pilgrim association. I personally didn't need/use their assistance.

This is a lonely Camino. I met 2 other pilgrims the first week.

But Buen Camino to you, from Norway!

Last edited:
Thanks för sharing, Not sure I understand this 'party' thing. Did you join a group? Who is Nely?

It wasn't an organised group thing. Nely coordinates the pilgrims access to the albergues. It's the association based in Almeria.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I haven't walked from Almeria, but I started in Malaga last year - March 3rd, or something around there. I actually regretted starting so late in the year, by the time I got to Cordoba it was already much hotter than I would have wanted.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

Robin Gore here ... walking the Camino Frances in Spring ... thought I'd join you fine people
Hola peregrinos, I´m planning to do the Camino Mozarabe/Plata/Torres to Santiago starting in Almeria March next year. Has anyone walked Mozarabe in March? I wonder how cold it can be, it is quite...
I have finally booked my flights for my first/(only?) Camino next April - May! I'll fly into Madrid, make my way to Irun and fly home from Lisbon. I have never done anything like this before, so...
Hi does any one have any advice I want to have my suitcase transport from porto the start of my Camino to Santiago where I can collect it when I finish my walk
October 12th (65 on 13/10) from SJPDP. Just so folks don’t get confused when they see me going in both directions; due to the vast array of medication, catheters, sacs etc I am using a Camping Car...
Anyone else beginning in SJPP tomorrow October 18?

Featured threads

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Featured threads

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back