• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Camino LEBANIEGO-VADINIENSE (S.Vicente B.)

unadara

Time of past OR future Camino
2013 CF then a few more. Plan May 24 Primitivo
NOT starting until Sat 28th Sept from Santillana-
I may not be posting every day so I'm going to enter my Stages now and add details with Photos later. All of this is based on advice received here and on Gronze, and I'm carrying the new Guide book pub by CSJ. Many Thanks.
Day 1 Sat 28th Santillana to Comillas
El Pico Santillana to La Magia Albergue Comillas, Coastal route if possible, lots of rain forecast.
Day 2 Sun 29th Comillas to S.Vicente B. Nomada Albergue.
Day 3 Mon 30th Stopping at Serdio. Hosteria El Corralucu. This may prove to be a mistake as Heavy rains may prevent my walking the River route-we'll see.
Day 4 Tues 1st Hoping for a Highlight River walk with a Dip at a Waterfall. One can hope. Albergue El Carabo- may book dinner as no kitchen facilities. (I can't eat Lentils/Bean stews so I might only get Salad/Bread).
Plan to get the packed lunch for the next day.
Day 5. Wed 2nd, Cicera. Albergue. Need to carry food-dinner/lunch. NS. May be Bar open.
Day 6. Thurs 3rd. Cabanes via River route. PA.
Day 7. Fri 4th. Ojedo. Hosteria Pena Sacra. Might change to Albergue Potes.
Day 8. Sat 5th (sightseeing day incl Mass) San Pelayo/Camaleno- La Vargona Albergue via Potes and the destination Monastery for Mass and.
Day 9. Sun 6th Espinama. Puente Deva (albergue Briz closed for holidays)
Day 10. Mon 7th Fuente De. Parador. Funicular and walks.
Day 11. Tues 8th. Boca de Huergano. Portilla closed for Holiday. ? Taxi from Portilla.
Day 12. Wed 9th. Riano. Hostal Tanis. Hope the weather is good for a Mt climb.
Day 13. Thurs 10th. Salas. Hotel Moto Rural- Vegalion.
Day 14. Fri 11th Cistierna- Albergue.
Day 15. Sat 12th. Gradefes- Albergue. (have Hotel La Alegria Booked though?)
Day 16. Sun 13th arrive at Mansilla or Puente Villarente. Stay at Pension Blanca Leon. Bus to Santander Mon 14th.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Day 11. Tues 8th. Boca de Huergano. Portilla closed for Holiday. ? Taxi from Portilla
There are a couple of Casa Rurals you could try. You would need to book a taxi in advance if you need to.

It's a shame you can't carry on to Boca d H by foot but it would be a long day especially after the climb up from Funte de. In Boca you have Bar/hostel Cresente or the Hotel Tierra de la Reina ( I am there for 3 days from the 9th!) if you want a bit more comfort.

If walking from Portilla it will be on the road, but from Barniedo de la Reina there is a gravel track all the way to Boca de H now which will be much better.

BdH to Riaño is about 1.5 hrs by foot. Are you looking to climb Gilbo when you mention Mt climb?

Much is tarmac if going via Riaño, especially after as I understand and it's a main road albeit through beautiful contryside. It is possible to go via Prioro from BdH and it's a much quieter route, but you may not be comfortable with this (although it is marked as a Camino route).

Thanks so much, @davejsy
I've booked Casa Crescente in Boca. I doubt I'll be able to walk that far (we'll see) but yes Taxi would have to be booked.
Yes Gilbo! maybe, I've 2 very short days with intention of trying it in good weather. Some guides differ about alternatives, is Prioro the one you've mentioned before? I nearly went that way but decided to stay with Camino (proper)
Your posts are great and it would have been great to have company for a while. Maybe there'll be another pilgrim about. I'm treating myself to some comfort along the way but really like the basic accommodations also.
I'm a dog lover too. 14yr old English Springer.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yes I think I've probably mentioned Prioro way before.

I did have a thought you could have gone down to the hostel in Santa Marina de Valdeon which isn't far from Puerto Pandetrave that you come over. You could then walk to Riano from there without too much back-tracking.

Gilbo is beautiful, but requires care especially if the weather is not good. The main route up from the other end of the bridge is well marked though I think, although I've never been up from that route.

Gilbo.jpgGilbo2.jpg

I'm there for a few days at the end of another trip, but will be in car as opposed to on foot! It is like my second home there! But if you are still around would be happy to say hello!

Last edited:
¡Buen Camino! I'll be following you, as this one has been put on my list recently too.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

NOT starting until Sat 28th Sept from Santillana- I may not be posting every day so I'm going to enter my Stages now and add details with Photos later. All of this is based on advice received here...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back