• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 74,075 Camino Questions

Camino friend / Amigo del Camino

cecirarias

Time of past OR future Camino
August/September 2024 - French Camino
Hi, I did the French Camino from August 25th to September 17th, starting in Saint Jean Pied-de-Port. An amazing experience that I can't get over from :-). Met so many people that gave me joy, great conversation, company, and made me think and reflect a lot.

I am now trying to locate a guy I met in the Camino and was hoping the community can help me since we did not exchange numbers or even names despite talking for a while.

He is from Belgium, and started to walk in Belgium. He then did the Camino del Norte and Primitivo. Befriended a Spanish guy from Huelva and they both arrived in Santiago on September 17th. He speaks Dutch, English and Sanish. Spent time in Bolivia for work and resigned on August 1st 2023.

I am looking to reconnect since I am on a similar work journey and figuring things out, and when we said goodbye, we thought we would run into each other later and did not.

He was wearing an orange T-shirt when he arrived in Santiago, black shorts, white cap and carrying a blue backpack (found a picture, don’t have such an amazing memory).

Thanks for the help!

Hola! Hice el Camino Francés arrancando el 25 de Agosto en Saint Hean Pied-de-Port, y llegando a Santiago el 17 de Septiembre. Una experiencia increíble que no puedo soltar :-). Conocí gente muy especial que me dio alegría, conversación, compañía, y me hizo pensar y reflexionar.

Ahora estoy intentando localizar a alguien que conocí en el Camino y espero esta comunidad pueda ayudarme ya que no llegamos a intercambiar información de contacto ni nombres a pesar de charlar un rato.

Es belga y arranco a caminar en Bélgica. Hizo el camino del norte y luego el Primitivo. Cuando lo conocí, caminaba con un Español de Huelva. Ambos llegaron a Santiago el 27 de Septiembre de 2024. El habla holandés, español e ingles. Paso un tiempo trabajando en Bolivia y renuncio a su trabajo el 1 de Agosto de 2023.

Estoy buscando re-conectar dado que ambos renunciamos a nuestros trabajos (en lugar de pedir licencia), y cuando nos despedimos, quedamos en encontrarnos después y eso no paso.

Tenia puesta una remera naranja, pantalones cortos negros, botas de hiking, una gorra blanca, y cargaba una mochila azul. Un amigo encontró una foto de ese día… mi memoria no es tan buena.

Gracias por la ayuda!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

After reading several posts today, I am reminded of two old sayings that were a major part of my adult life: 1. Proper prior planning prevents poor performance. 2. No plan survives initial...
Just a shout out to all the wonderful people currently out on the trail. This is not easy and you are out here doing it with grace, humor, and compassion! Currently dealing with lots of rain and...
No, not me, but Jamie O'Connell, 'What is a pilgrimage if you are not religious?' in today's Irish Times: 'What I grew to enjoy was the messages (graffiti) that had been left by others along the...
Hello, I’ll be in Leon tomorrow and need to know what’s the best way to get a stomach bug treated. I’m an American btw. Thanks!
Xunta de Galicia 提供的某些旅舍, 廚房有爐子但沒用具, 沒有盤子、餐具、鍋子或杯子

Featured threads

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Featured threads

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back