This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camino del Norte Forum

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 2024
I’m fairly new to this forum and it has been VERY helpful preparing me and answering a multitude of questions prior to my 1st Camino. Currently, I have just completed Day 14 of the Norte which started in Irun. The plan is to make it to Santiago but the Camino has taught me many things…1) take it one day at at time and 2) it’s at your OWN pace.
Can anyone tell me if the Forum has specific threads relating mainly on the Norte? It seems the majority of posts I’m reading are of the Frances. It would be great to monitor other pilgrims updates and specific areas of concerns and/or new info in regards to the Norte. I’ve tried searching on this platform but have only found specific thread questions. Perhaps that’s all there is.
Thanks for any insight.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Join Camino Cleanup: Logroño to Burgos May 2025 and Astorga to O'Cebreiro in June.
Hi, if it helps, I did the Norte, from Irun 2 years ago, I my view the 1st 14 days, we're the hardest in trying to find accommodation, the next part is stunning, but, as you quite rightly said, take it as you onw pace, its a long camino, but you.may have to plan each days albergue as, I can imagine, they will start to wind down. I have some great memories (and aches) thinking about the Norte, my favourite by far, one highlight that sticks, is Sobrado dos Monxes, just before you join the Frances....as you can see by the picture (hopefully) its a stunning chapel.

Buen Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Dimdog….i wasn’t able to view the picture. Not sure why.
I’m on Day 17 of “who knows how many”. Currently, just East of Ribadesella.

Most read last week in this forum