Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino del Norte Forum

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 2024
I’m fairly new to this forum and it has been VERY helpful preparing me and answering a multitude of questions prior to my 1st Camino. Currently, I have just completed Day 14 of the Norte which started in Irun. The plan is to make it to Santiago but the Camino has taught me many things…1) take it one day at at time and 2) it’s at your OWN pace.
Can anyone tell me if the Forum has specific threads relating mainly on the Norte? It seems the majority of posts I’m reading are of the Frances. It would be great to monitor other pilgrims updates and specific areas of concerns and/or new info in regards to the Norte. I’ve tried searching on this platform but have only found specific thread questions. Perhaps that’s all there is.
Thanks for any insight.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I’m fairly new to this forum and it has been VERY helpful preparing me and answering a multitude of questions prior to my 1st Camino. Currently, I have just completed Day 14 of the Norte which started in Irun. The plan is to make it to Santiago but the Camino has taught me many things…1) take it one day at at time and 2) it’s at your OWN pace.
Can anyone tell me if the Forum has specific threads relating mainly on the Norte? It seems the majority of posts I’m reading are of the Frances. It would be great to monitor other pilgrims updates and specific areas of concerns and/or new info in regards to the Norte. I’ve tried searching on this platform but have only found specific thread questions. Perhaps that’s all there is.
Thanks for any insight.
Hi, if it helps, I did the Norte, from Irun 2 years ago, I my view the 1st 14 days, we're the hardest in trying to find accommodation, the next part is stunning, but, as you quite rightly said, take it as you onw pace, its a long camino, but you.may have to plan each days albergue as, I can imagine, they will start to wind down. I have some great memories (and aches) thinking about the Norte, my favourite by far, one highlight that sticks, is Sobrado dos Monxes, just before you join the Frances....as you can see by the picture (hopefully) its a stunning chapel.

Buen Camino

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Hi, if it helps, I did the Norte, from Irun 2 years ago, I my view the 1st 14 days, we're the hardest in trying to find accommodation, the next part is stunning, but, as you quite rightly said, take it as you onw pace, its a long camino, but you.may have to plan each days albergue as, I can imagine, they will start to wind down. I have some great memories (and aches) thinking about the Norte, my favourite by far, one highlight that sticks, is Sobrado dos Monxes, just before you join the Frances....as you can see by the picture (hopefully) its a stunning chapel.

Buen Camino
Dimdog….i wasn’t able to view the picture. Not sure why.
I’m on Day 17 of “who knows how many”. Currently, just East of Ribadesella.

Most read last week in this forum

After a peaceful night at the beautiful Blai Blai Hostel in Zarautz, we were all awakened at 5:00am by a young man repacking his huge pack, in the middle of the floor, with his bunk light on...
This is just a shot in the dark but if anyone starting on the Del Norte finds a New Zealand passport lost today (Saturday 14th September between Hendaye and Sebastian, please PM message me and...
I saw that someone mentioned recently having walked from Santander to Liencres on a coastal route. I am here in Santander and would like to take that route. I’m brand new to the Camino and to...
I want to stay in the Albergue in Isla, just after Noja. I think Isla used to be on a stage route. It isn't any longer. Does anyone know if it is signposted to and from Isla??
Lost on Camino Norte between Getaria and Deba on Friday, September 13th. In a black sunglass cloth bag. Please advise if found. Thanks
Gronse offers an alternative and shorter route between Ontón and Castro Urdiales with the caution that it is walking on the N634 highway. We did it today with no problems and enjoyed lovely views...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.