• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camino del Ebro ; how to get to the starting point

Plataman

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances: (2009), (2013), Via de la Plata; (2016),
Hi All, I am starting the Camino del Ebro on or about Sept 20th, and I want to know if the best place to start is Tortosa or Deltebre? In a similar vein, what is the best way to get to either place from Barcelona train station? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I want to know if the best place to start is Tortosa or Deltebre?

I started in Deltebre. You can see how we got there in this thread. Train and cab were involved. We stayed in Riumar, which is the nearest developed place to Deltebre (the actual delta). We walked out to the mouth of the Ebro the day before we started walking, and then started walking the next day from Riumar. The first day or so had a lot of asphalt, but I thoroughly enjoyed this route. I did turn-off onto the Castellano-Aragonés a few days after Zaragoza, and that route is one of my all-time favorites.

@Plataman, are you planning to to Logroño or take the other option through Soria? I’ve never walked the route to Logroño, but I do love Logroño! Buen camino.

We took a train from Barcelona to L'ampolla-Perelló-Deltebre and then walked 14.5 km to Deltebre.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
There is a coastal hiking trail stretching between Barcelona and Amposta, so there are multiple options for a starting point and how to get there.

Most read last week in this forum