This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camino de Norte - many Albergues seem to be closed in September

catherinewp

Time of past OR future Camino
Currently doing Camino de Norte
Does anyone know of a comprehensive list of municipal albergues on the Camino de Norte? We are in Guernica and the albergue is closed already. There are still many pilgrims coming through! Beds appear to be full this evening.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I would also include the Buen Camino app. It is free like Wise Pilgrim. No one source has every accommodation listed. If you are having issues the more the better. Also call ahead if you can to verify openings. Although I would imagine if an albergue is listed as open I would think in September and early October it would be open.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Does anyone know of a comprehensive list of municipal albergues on the Camino de Norte? We are in Guernica and the albergue is closed already. There are still many pilgrims coming through! Beds appear to be full this evening.
We found this to be true on the Norte in September of 2018 also. We actually had to taxi forward out of Gernika to the next albergue. The Norte towns and cities caters to summer tourists and lots of albergues are not pilgrim only. It seemed to level out as we went forward. Good luck!

Most read last week in this forum