• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Buy walking poles in Madrid or Sarria?

CaminanteKevin

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2024
As we have no hold luggage, I’m having to leave my much appreciated walking poles at home!

Can I get walking poles in Sarria (our start point) or should I pick them up in Madrid?

I know Madrid well but would rather have a coffee on the Plaza Mayor if I don’t need to go shopping!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am with a group and found some good collapsible trekking poles. I can bring them in a checked bag and since there will be transportation of suitcases for the group, they fit in my carry-on sized suitcase that will be checked. My walk, after 5 years of planning, begins on the 19th!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
My thanks to all for the suggestions. For the benefit of any future pilgrims, as I didn’t have quite time to check out Madrid’s sports shops, I picked up some easily in Sarria for 12€ each and they’ve been fine.
Did you find them at a Decathlon or at a China Bazaar? I have been having good luck at those bazaars the last two times I've walked as Decathlon had run out of their cheapies.

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).

Most read last week in this forum