• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Buses to and from Leon - Cascantes?

bjorgts

Time of past OR future Camino
In Spain, France, Portugal, Germany since 2003
I try to find out if it is posible to walk the first stage out of Leon to Cascantes, take a bus back to Leon, stay there over night, and then return to Cascantes with a bus next morning. The Confraternity of St. James says: " ... walk to Cascantes, which has 4 buses a day to and from León." I can not find them! Can anybody help me? ... numbers ... where ... when ...?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Found something on the municipio’s website from 2023, but it only seems to give León to Cascantes and not the reverse, unless I am misreading it. But the ALSA site shows three returns from Cascantes to León. (I put in a search for a weekday, and it looks like weekends have very different schedules, so heads up).

Are you planning another camino, @Bjorts? Your videos are always so wonderful!

Thank you! I also found these two, but nothing in reverse. When I tried reverse on Alsa, I got nothing. I will see. May be somebody knows something. If not, there is always a taxi.
Yes, I am planning San Salvador, second half of October. That is late, so if the weather forecast says "no", we will go for a couple of weeks somewhere on Via de la Plata. I know that camino very well, so need no planning for that.
It is nice to hear that you like my videos! I like making them! I have one from Camino Portugues de la Costa, with Litoral and Variante Espiritual, which is ready. Put it on YouTube in a couple of weeks, I think.
Bjørg

A selection of Camino Jewellery