Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus/Train between Barcelos and Ponte de Lima

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi,
My bet is that you will have to change in Braga. If you go to the Rede Nacional de Expressos website, http://www.rede-expressos.pt/, and click on "horarios", you'll see you can go Barcelos to Braga on one of four buses, 6:30, 8:30, 13:30, and 18:30. It's about a half hour ride. Only the later two buses are daily, the first on is only M-F and the second one doesn't go on Sunday.

Then, once in Braga, it's another half hour to Ponte de Lima. It looks like (though I find this surprising) there is only one bus a day from Braga to Ponte de Lima, leaving at 6:30 pm daily, which is the same time that the latest bus arrives from Barcelos. So the latest you can leave Barcelos is on the 13:30 bus, which means you will have a layover of at least 5 hours.

BTW, I think you will easily find ways to entertain yourself in Braga for a day. It's a lively provincial city with a nice old core, some very nice cafes, plazas, fountains, etc, along with its very old cathedral.

Laurie

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).

Most read last week in this forum

Have I totally miscalculated my route...I'm.in villa de conde and have arranged to go to barcelos then onto ponte de Lima?
Hello all, I’m about to embark on my first Portuguese Camino! From Lisbon to Santiago de Compostela, 385.25 miles over 29 days of walking, but 31 days total because I’m giving myself an extra day...
I am currently on the Caminho Português Central. I discovered this place on my way to an albergue I had already booked. The owner Saimon is a very friendly guy and eager to host pilgrims at his...
I just finished Camino Portugués Central this summer and stayed in Albergaria Pinheiro's, I guess most of you have stayed this place. Thisi is the process of making this personalized "Sello" by him.
We are currently on the first day of the Portuguese Camino. At the Pilgrim’s office in Lisbon, they indicated that there was a gate now in between Vila Franca de Xira and Azambuja (2nd stage). Has...
I will be in Lisbon for a couple of weeks and will have some free days. I definitely will be walking the new river path from Sacavém, and I may be able to do as many as 6 or 7 day stages...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back