• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Boca de Huergano-Prioro-Morgovejo-Cistierna? A good idea? any advice?

unadara

Time of past OR future Camino
2013 CF then a few more. Plan May 24 Primitivo
I've been planning my Lebaniego/Vad for last week Sept-Oct 14th. I was quite happy following the Official guide and route until I read in depth some other options for skipping road walking. I imagine in Oct the main road might be quite quiet. Also I think a lot of the Paths now seem to be off road and maybe even quite interesting. I am of course limited to where I can get accommodation so this may be the final deciding factor. Any thoughts welcome. I would likely walk from Cistierna following the Monastery route into Mansilla. (though I'd love to go back to Buiza and the Salvador).

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yes it's definitely doable, and I would say better than the Riano road route. It's also very wild in a good way, where the path starts to Prioro from Boca I often see wolf kills!. I don't have experience of walking it though and accommodation, but there are accommodation options in Prioro and Morgovejo albeit not Albergues I don't think.

This might help (although you can go from Morgovejo to Cistierna without having to go to Puente Almuhey.

The Albergue option in Prioro is swaying me towards this Wild route..
I'll let you know either way, Thanks,

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi again! I'm just back from an incredible 8 days on trails, mostly in wonderful mountains! I thought I'd add a couple of posts here to share info on the Lebaniego in June 2024 and then some...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back