• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Boat from Vilanovo de Arousa

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
We took the boat offered by Amare. Only held about 10 people. Not a bad seat in the boat. It was definitely one of our Camino highlights. Enjoy!

That’s the one we’ll be on. Sad to be close to the end of the journey but excited to be in the water! Thanks for the quick replies m

If you're directed to sit somewhere on a smaller boat, please respect the skipper.. remove your pack, put on your lifejacket and just enjoy whatever views you have.
I had assumed we would be on a small boat like a big dingy as I'd read in the forum you can often get wet so have your rain gear handy. I was very surprised to have a shiny new looking ferry picking us up.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I was on the boat early in the morning and was glad I wore lots of layers of clothing as well as my rain jacket. I did not get wet but the speed the boat travels does create a wind chill.

Amare did use the two small boats for our trip last week. There was a problem with the other company and they cancelled the 7 am trip and put them all on the big ferry a little later. The ferry took two hours to arrive and Amare only took 45 mins. We also had stops at the barges to describe the mussel harvesting and a description of each of the crosses.

If the outdoor market is open when you get off the boat definitely try the churros.
There’s a bathroom in the inside/tented portion almost at the end on the left.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Forgive me, for asking re: a topic frequently discussed; But I’m having difficulty finding the thread. When walking the Variante Espiritual, if one takes the boat is it possible to obtain a...
Does it matter which side of the boat you sit on? Looking forward to the journey!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back