• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Boat from Caminha to A Guarda

Hopeful Pilgrim

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2016/2017 Ingles 2018 Portgues 2019/2020
My husband and I will be walking CP coastal route in September. Do we need to book a boat from Caminha to A Guarda?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
No need to book.

I had to ask him to slow down, from the first non-disabled pilgrims grabbing the spots where I needed to sit, so the edge position that was left was quite precarious for my disability, otherwise he basically just waits til he has enough pilgrims to justify making the crossing.

Just turn up, and you will be fine.

No need to book.

I had to ask him to slow down, from the first non-disabled pilgrims grabbing the spots where I needed to sit, so the edge position that was left was quite precarious for my disability, otherwise he basically just waits til he has enough pilgrims to justify making the crossing.

Just turn up, and you will be fine.
Thank you Jabba Papa. Very helpful

One spot left (female, shared room) on the Catalina Island hike. Sign up by Sept 17
Hi! I stayedhere

Arca Nova Guest House & Hostel Caminha​

Address:Largo Sidónio Pais, 4910-120 Caminha, Portugal
Phone: +351 935 390 402
GPS Coordinates: N 041° 52.435, W 08° 50.177

This was in 2021 and in the morning around breakfast the Hostel staff told us there was a guy coming soon! We were picked up by a water taxi owner/fisherman in his van; who took us across in his boat and dropped of on the beach on the Spanish side Felt like Columbus landing in the New World 🤣! 5 Euros each. Best check they still do it when you book if your thinking of staying; things might have changed!
Buen Camino
Woody

Attachments

• WATER TAXI TO SPAIN.mp4
    2.7 MB
Hi! I stayedhere

Arca Nova Guest House & Hostel Caminha​

Address:Largo Sidónio Pais, 4910-120 Caminha, Portugal
Phone: +351 935 390 402
GPS Coordinates: N 041° 52.435, W 08° 50.177

This was in 2021 and in the morning around breakfast the Hostel staff told us there was a guy coming soon! We were picked up by a water taxi owner/fisherman in his van; who took us across in his boat and dropped of on the beach on the Spanish side Felt like Columbus landing in the New World 🤣! 5 Euros each. Best check they still do it when you book if your thinking of staying; things might have changed!
Buen Camino
Woody
Thank you Woody we will try Arca Nova.

One spot left (female, shared room) on the Catalina Island hike. Sign up by Sept 17
Just be prepared for a possible beach landing, in a foot or so of water. Wear sandals!
I will say it is the best border crossing ever.

My husband and I will be walking CP coastal route in September. Do we need to book a boat from Caminha to A Guarda?
When we did it you just bought tickets at the ferry departure point. It's a short ride across.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
From the Senda Litoral or Camino Coastal: When you come out of the woodsy area and after you pass the camping (on your left), you end at the water (the River Mino). Just look over to the boats in the water on the left. There are a number of "water taxis" that take you across the shortest crossing and let you out closer to A Guarda. You do not need to go into Caminha. Jacobeo is good, but it's a hefty walk along the water into Caminha and then a good walk into A Guarda from his disembarkation point. Try Taxi Boat Peregrinos (taxiboatperegrinos.com 351-913-254-110)....you can reserve ahead with them. Or Taxi Boat Caminha Peregrinos at 351-964-519-329. If you are staying overnight in Caminha, then Jacobeo is probably easiest.

From the Senda Litoral or Camino Coastal: When you come out of the woodsy area and after you pass the camping (on your left), you end at the water (the River Mino). Just look over to the boats in the water on the left. There are a number of "water taxis" that take you across the shortest crossing and let you out closer to A Guarda. You do not need to go into Caminha. Jacobeo is good, but it's a hefty walk along the water into Caminha and then a good walk into A Guarda from his disembarkation point. Try Taxi Boat Peregrinos (taxiboatperegrinos.com 351-913-254-110)....you can reserve ahead with them. Or Taxi Boat Caminha Peregrinos at 351-964-519-329. If you are staying overnight in Caminha, then Jacobeo is probably easiest.
Thank you for all being so helpful.

Most read last week in this forum

Well, I have some health issues and no room at the inn issues. My leg flaring up has really caused a problem. My husband and I are in Vila do Conde looking for a nice place to sleep tomorrow. I...
I’m looking for recommendations for camino memoirs specific to the Portuguese camino. Ideally, the coastal route but I’ll take what I can find. I read a plethora of memoirs from the French route...
Here is my photo video from the Camino Portugues, costal route. We chose almost every opportunity to go Litoral - right out on the coastline. Only the day between Esposende and Viana do Castelo we...
Walking Litoral from Porto beginning 25 Oct. Will places to stay be open? Thanks!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back