• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Biking the Meseta

Joshaa371

Time of past OR future Camino
July 4th 2024
Hey everyone, I’ve seen some threads on biking the meseta from Burgos to Leon but have not seen many real stories of those who rented bikes from that portion, anyone know how to get the bikes and prices? I’ve seen people talk about bike Iberia but they’re prices are for set amount of days and vining that distance could take less then the set days they have posted. I’m hoping to rent a bike in Burgos and drop it off in Leon if anyone has personal experience with that. Thanks!

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hola @Joshaa371 If you do manage to rent a bike from any company may I suggest/recommend that you bring your own extra strong bike chain (here i meant to say lock and chain) and maybe also a "real bell" (which you should use) there are likely to be many pilgrims on the camino roads at that time of the year. Also where the camino runs parallel to the road may I also suggest that you use the road. Buen Camino and Cheers.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I’ve seen some threads on biking the meseta from Burgos to Leon but have not seen many real stories of those who rented bikes from that portion, anyone know how to get the bikes and prices? I’ve seen people talk about bike Iberia but they’re prices are for set amount of days and vining that distance could take less then the set days they have posted. I’m hoping to rent a bike in Burgos and drop it off in Leon if anyone has personal experience with that. Thanks!
We biked the Meseta in 2017 due to a blister issue. We called Jacotrans from our Albergue in Hontanas and they delivered 2 bikes directly to our lodgings. We biked the Meseta to Leon where we dropped the bikes at a designated site. It was easy and relatively inexpensive and allowed my foot to heal so we could continue our walk to Santiago. I like the recommendation to bring your own bell as walking Pilgrims would be most appreciative to hear you coming upon them. Been Camino.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
I don't know if you are undecided about biking, but in case you are ... I recently read a Camino memoir (if I can find the name I'll edit this post and add it) where the person biked the Meseta (and walked the rest of the Frances). He said he regretted biking the Meseta because (1) he left behind all the friends he'd made along the way and (2) it went by way too fast after being used to taking in everything slowly by foot. I've never considered biking that part but what he said made an impression on me. It made sense. I love the Meseta dearly and would not want to cross it too quickly. Of course, you and some might not have the luxury of that time.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, I'm currently on the Ingles, in Neda, & thought I would post with the state of play. 1stly , if your flying into A Coruna, & starting at Ferrol, it's an easy transfer. I got a bus from the...
Hola! Mañana, viernes 30 de agosto, llego a Pamplona a las 19:40h y me gustaría coger un taxi hasta Roncesvalles. ¿Hay alguien interesado en compartirlo?
I’m trying to find the easiest way to get to Bayonne via train from Charles de Gaul airport. I arrive in Paris at 7:30 AM. October 21. Need to be at SJDP by evening. Would you recommend I get...
There are no trains at all available to book Madrid to sarria in October- we have booked to walk at Jean pied de port to pamplona, and then travelling by train to meet to do sarria to pamplona...
Good evening fellow pilgrims. Does anyone on the ground along Norte (Oviedo) know the status of Renfe rail service from Oviedo to Aviles? I've been looking at train schedule options on Oct 8 and...
Just saw this wonderful account of birds being shepherded on their winter migratory route to southern Spain...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back