• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Best apps for offline maps?

Amc

Time of past OR future Camino
Doing in September
Grateful if anyone can recommend a good phone app which allow us to download the Camino Frances maps and access them offline.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Wise Pilgrim and Buen Camino are my go to apps for offline maps of the Camino.

I also like mapy.cz

The Spanish government app "Mapas de España" gives very high quality topographic maps. Camino routes are marked on the maps and gps route files can be used as an overlay.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
OsmAnd is free general-purpose map and navigating app that uses also-free downloadable maps. It is feature-rich. The free version permits downloading up to, I think, three maps. One can make it show all sorts of user-selectable points of interest. One can optionally also use it to record your tracks.

One can purchase a $ version called OsmAnd+ (it's not costly) that permits downloading as many free maps as will fit on your device.

I love it and use it constantly, not just on Camino.

I use a map app (OSMand) with the route marked on my phone. Once you have downloaded the map of the area you're in, you don't need to be connected to wifi or data to use the map!

https://osmand.net/

Once you install the app, download the regional maps for your camino route from within the app.

Next use the web browser on your phone to download gpx route from the Dutch camino association. (Scroll down until you find the table for Spain.)

https://www.santiago.nl/downloads/

Once you have the gpx route on your phone, you can display it over maps within OSMand from My Places -> Import Favourite.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum