Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best Albergue ever but it’s empty-hidden gem in Camino de Fisterra

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I’ve been the Alberque San Roque twice and it was amazing. The hospitality, cleanses, community food, donation based…all 12 out of 10, and it’s empty. No one’d like to walk in to check the availability because they don’t accept reservation?
Could you add exactly where it is or near (ie which village )-on which etapa.

Thanks for the heads up and recommendation Leonor : I just scrolled through Gronze to find it as it sounded interesting to me.

It is in Corcubión / just after Cee (Gronze has it in their etapa 3F. ).

Link to the albergue in Gronze below.

Edit:
Not sure why it’s empty but your guess could be spot on. It looks like a great stop and works well for you …. I might try it myself next time.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I’ve been the Alberque San Roque twice and it was amazing. The hospitality, cleanses, community food, donation based…all 12 out of 10, and it’s empty. No one’d like to walk in to check the availability because they don’t accept reservation?
Leonor27,

Years past I too often stayed at the welcoming albergue at San Roque above Corcubión. It was always a pleasure. In the dark from the dorm window when the last lighthouse beacon shining out to sea at Cape Finistere could be glimpsed it was magical.

Thanks for sharing your memory here on the forum.

Carpe diem!

In Gronze it shows it is open from April through December. The photo in Gronze shows the sign for the albergue and that reads open all year. Does someone have clarity on this? I would think with the increased number of people walking that there would be more need for the albergue to be open all year.

Attachments

• corcubion-roque-13.jpg
    corcubion-roque-13.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 23
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Best view from any Albergue bathroom by a long shot.
I wonder if anyone here has and would kindly post a picture.
Here is a picture from one of the bathrooms in Albergue Juvenil de Castro on the Primitivo just past Grandas de Salime. This place always has multiple vibrant afternoon 🌈 🌈 🌈 .
This could be a new thread: Camino bathroom window pictures. 😂

Attachments

• D603258E-6937-4AAC-9C6B-6018EABAFCD2.jpeg
    D603258E-6937-4AAC-9C6B-6018EABAFCD2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
  • B9FF0E9F-AE6D-4D32-A3DE-22DAD7FC89D3.jpeg
    B9FF0E9F-AE6D-4D32-A3DE-22DAD7FC89D3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
I have passed through here 4x. From a practical point of view, it is only about an hour to Finisterre from this point, so I, and I assume most, would just push through no matter what the hour. I do thank you for bringing this nice albergue to my attention. Maybe next year.......

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I’ve been the Alberque San Roque twice and it was amazing. The hospitality, cleanses, community food, donation based…all 12 out of 10, and it’s empty. No one’d like to walk in to check the...
I’m not sure if I am posting in the proper thread, so please excuse me if I am not. I will be in Santiago for 2 nights before returning home to Idaho. (It’s a long flight). I am considering a day...
My husband and I are planning on walking the Camino Finisterre & Muxía at the end of this year, starting on 28th December. We’ll be walking from Santiago, but we can’t decide if we should walk to...
When you walk to Finisterre and Muxia, do you need to get the stamps in the exact locations shown on the Prolongacion Xacobeo credencial? E.g. at the Igrexa de San Cristobal de Corzon in...
I seems to have two kind of bus stops 1. Estación Autobus (near City center) 2. Bus stop at a hospital 30' away Call it pilgrims dementia but I search all over and I find timetables but can...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back