This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Baamonde to Sobrado dos Monxes

Harmino

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2024
I want to take the 'northern' route from Baamonde to Sobrado - it is 8 km shorter! Does anyone know the condition of the paths (mid October), or the elevation (assents/descents) of this alternative?

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
I want to take the 'northern' route from Baamonde to Sobrado - it is 8 km shorter! Does anyone know the condition of the paths (mid October), or the elevation (assents/descents) of this alternative?
Even if you don’t use wikiloc, this set of tracks has a lot of good information for you. You can see the elevation, read the comments, and see the pictures. I don’t imagine that the paths will be in any condition that is significantly different than the southern route through Miraz, but I haven’t been on this route lately.

I took this shorter route by beginning of September: despite it is said with "no services", you will find a bar-grocery and another bar.
The elevation can be neglected. I think it is a better choice than the longer one.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Have walked the short route 2 weeks ago, in rain. Well signed, the paths are in good condition. A part of the road is steep uphill, but the path is excellent. Consider to stay in albergue Parga Natura Alojamiento, an excellent albergue!, in stead of staying in Baamonde (some km’s after Baamonde). Heard from others the route through Miraz is also very nice, more gentle climbing. Elevation for both routes is the same.

Last edited:
Agreed. The albergue Parga Natura Alojamiento was a real highlight for me, and the path through the woods is magical. There is a stretch alongside a busy road before the left turn into the woods, but then it was chucking it down with thunder thrown in when I did it!

There are two routes out of Baamonde: one along roads; the other, The Complimentareo (both on Buen Camino app) is a path running alongside the Parga River. This alternative did not have distance markers, however the two options meet at the Parga River bridge, just at S Alberte. It was a great way to begin the day and prepare us for a wonderland of rocks, lichens, mosses, silence and solitude for those few kilometres through the woods before Parga.

Reactions: JWB
The 2025 edition of the Lightfoot Guide to the via Podiensis is now available

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum