• Astorga

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Mombuey

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Miaka

Time of past OR future Camino
Next: VdLP 2024
We are going to Salamanca soon. We would like to walk for a few days but would need to return after 12 days from day of arrival. I counted for two days to visit Salamanca. Looking at the days, we would finish in Mombuey when it would be time for us to go back to Madrid, which is a bit well... middle of nowhere. Puebla Sanabria has a train back to Madrid I believe, but we would need to take a bus there or a taxi.
On the other hand, the same amount of time would take us straight to Astorga but I don't know how nice the route is to go there. From Granja, I felt the Sanabres was beautiful (at least in the spring), how is the route to Astorga? We have done the Frances a few times so we are familiar with the city, so Astorga itself is not a selling point. But it being a bigger city with better public transportation is...
Let me know what you think please.

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
I've walked both paths from the split at Granja de Meruela, they are very different. I loved the walk up to Astorga. Despite it feeling quite lonely compared to the Sanabrés, I found it strangely atmospheric and interesting. Good pilgrim support from the local associations, but unmanned albergues so nesessary to phone ahead. It's a lovely entry into Astorga from the south, too.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thank you all for your reply! Sounds like Astorga it is. I was wondering how the route would be but it is reassuring to hear that it is a nice route ^^

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.