• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Asthma in Astorga & gonna climb higher

Vinnie16

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino del Norte, September to October 2024
Hi Peregrinas/os
Presently on a rest day in Astorga- good thing bc I woke up with asthma symptoms… Ventolin helping a bit. Waiting for guidance from my asthma nurse back home & will see what I can find to support in the farmacias & “natural” farmacias as well. Have only experienced symptoms on steep inclines so far & these resolved on their own. Not loving the shaky post-puff feeling, but what can you do. Have others had similar experiences? Altitude is going to almost double by the Cruz de Ferro. Thank you! Bless! And Buen Camino todos!

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Hi Donna! Thanks for replying. I think it’s the altitude. I’m newly asthmatic (diagnosed 2 yrs ago) & I’m still learning my triggers. I’m waiting to hear back from my nurse, but meanwhile have purchased a kind of respiratory syrup which helped a bit, and consulted with a pharmacist here who thinks I should be fine on the climb as long as I take my Ventolin a few times a day.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Don´t think twice about consulting a doctor in Spain e.g. at a policlinica. The health system in Spain is high quality and they will be able to give you good advice and prescribe medication if you need it. I hope everything works out for you.

Thank you Dick. That’s reassuring, and I had that sense as well. The pharmacist suggested that if the asthma is uncontrolled in a few days, to consult. I have 2 other meds on me I can try if need be.

Most read last week in this forum