• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Apps & maps please French way

LisaSydney

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2024
Hello. I’m currently walking (woman 56) from SJPDP to Santiago with my son (nearly 15) he wants to ride so I’m going to hire him a bike in Lagrono tomorrow. I need to work out if he follows a different route and what app or map to use and if we need to stay in specific albergues or can take bike to any albergue. I will continue walking so he will ride ahead and meet me at the end of each day. I will walk about 25-30km per day so not big days on the bike. His back pack is only 5.5kg without water so I need to work out if he can wear it riding, or get rack & strap backpack to rack, or buy panniers & post backpack to Santiago. The latter options more expensive so im hoping since his pack is light maybe he can ride with it. Thoughts & advice welcome please.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Hello. I’m currently walking (woman 56) from SJPDP to Santiago with my son (nearly 15) he wants to ride so I’m going to hire him a bike in Lagrono tomorrow. I need to work out if he follows a different route and what app or map to use and if we need to stay in specific albergues or can take bike to any albergue. I will continue walking so he will ride ahead and meet me at the end of each day. I will walk about 25-30km per day so not big days on the bike. His back pack is only 5.5kg without water so I need to work out if he can wear it riding, or get rack & strap backpack to rack, or buy panniers & post backpack to Santiago. The latter options more expensive so im hoping since his pack is light maybe he can ride with it. Thoughts & advice welcome please.
Give him a slap and tell him to walk!

What exactly is he going to do when he arrives at your destination 5 - 6 hours before you do? The laundry? Shop for and cook you a delicious supper? Work on interpreting the influences of the Romanesque on later church architecture? Hang in the hood with a couple of spliffs?

If he’s got a 5.5kg backpack I guess you’re carrying half his stuff. Give it back to him and point him down the road.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
in orde to rent a bike for a fifteen year old, the child needs to be accompanied by an adult. not allowed to cycle on his own on a rental bike. and no chance to talk yourself out of it since you have to show your passport.

let him walk.

Most read last week in this forum

In another group that I moderate one of the members posted that when he arrived at the albergue in Tui, he was informed that bikers needed to wait until 7pm to check in. With the current traffic...
Hello. I’m currently walking (woman 56) from SJPDP to Santiago with my son (nearly 15) he wants to ride so I’m going to hire him a bike in Lagrono tomorrow. I need to work out if he follows a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back