• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Apps for Albergues

memusic2002

Time of past OR future Camino
April - June 2023
I made a few reservations prior to starting trip in a few weeks. Is there an APP for iPhone to find places (Alberques, low cost hotels / rooms) and book places once I get there or is it usually first come first serve. I am all set until Pamplona and also made a reservation in Santiago assuming I make it in time. Just need to fill in between. Thanks in advance.

Michael
Florida USA

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I think WisePilgrim and Buen Camino will link you to Booking.com as will the Gronze.com website. Most municipal and parochial albergues which will be lower cost or donation based don't take reservations (although some like Roncesvalles do).

Maybe make your decisions as you go. If you book too far ahead, you may need to change a bunch of reservations if you want to stay somewhere an extra day or move ahead more quickly than you expect.

Wise Pilgrim and Buen Camino apps are great.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
As Trecile says those apps are great to use.

If you have some Spanish or use Whatsapp you can contact where you want to stay directly. Sometimes get better rates and the owners do not have to give a hefty 15% commision to Booking.com
Try Gronze.com also

@wisepilgrim and @Buencamino2
Can the respective creators of these apps advise if they are about to include the Caminho da Geira e dos Arrieiros?

I appreciate the Torres will always remain a DIY route and I will stumble along this as best I can.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum