• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

App for logging your trip.

dramig

Time of past OR future Camino
First Timer
I am looking for an easy app or source for sharing writing and photos / videos for family and friends to see live while I am on the Camino. Easy to use post content using my I phone. Ideas?

Join Camino Cleanup: Logroño to Burgos May 2025 and Astorga to O'Cebreiro in June.
Consider PolarSteps. It does what you are seeking.

Hope this helps,

Tom

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I like Find Penguins, similar to Polarsteps. Plus you can print a photo book after.

Consider PolarSteps. It does what you are seeking.

Hope this helps,

Tom
Tom, did you print a photo/journal book based on your Camino? I’m trying to figure out what the cost for shipping is - that may be my deciding factor on what app I use. TIA

Sorry, I should be more precise: I shipping is free worldwide but there may be tax charged on the purchase. Did you have to pay tax or not? Thanks.

Join Camino Cleanup: Logroño to Burgos May 2025 and Astorga to O'Cebreiro in June.
I do not have or use the Polar Steps app. My recommendation was based on the advice of others.

I do take a lot of photos on my iPhone when on Camino. These are automatically backed up to the iCloud. If I need to take notes as memory joggers, I use the Notes app, and create titles by date then location. E.g: 041024 - Ponferrada. These titles can be sorted by date and arranged into a separate folder on my iPhone.

The cost for this is essentially zero, and the added weight is also zero.

Sorry for any misunderstanding. Hope this explanation helps.

Tom

I haven't used the penguins but really like Polar steps, it's great to see the visualisation of where you have walked from. Last year I did get a printed book of my Invierno but it gets €€€ so probably won't for this much longer camino Francés - you can have a look at my latest camino here for example

I should add though that the print quality of the book was really fabulous, it's a lovely record of what was a personally important camino.

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
The book I had made with Find Penguins was also great. It cost about $120 Canadian and arrived very quickly. I'm not sure how many pages, but it is almost 4 cm thick. The book captured things I wouldn't have on my own, such as temperature, elevation, all the commentary I had made as well as the comments of my followers. Wonderful keepsake, and so easy.

Thank you!

Most read last week in this forum