• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

App "Cartes IGN"

Time of past OR future Camino
To Santiago and back. Le Puy to Aumont-Aubrac.
I recently happened to hear someone mentioning an app called "Cartes IGN". I had never heard of it before. In a distant past, I had used iPhigénie and adored it but when I downloaded it recently I was disappointed. It has apparently changed hands, and I had difficulties with trying to make it work without paying upfront. I then downloaded IGNRando but was also somewhat dissatisfied. Just now, I downloaded "Cartes IGN" and it looks promising. It has the usual different layers including a topographical layer "TOPO 25" which I like to look at.

This is just for information. For finding my way when necessary I use PocketEarth which I am happy with and which covers my needs. But one can never have too many pretty maps, imho.

"Cartes IGN" est l'application 100% gratuite conçue par l'IGN, disponible sur mobile et tablette.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I believe that Cartes IGN is the current release of IPhiGénie. I will probably use it too.

As a user of Iphigenie in previous years, this is excellent news.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).

Most read last week in this forum