This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Amount of people on late October + November?

ferdechile

Time of past OR future Camino
Junte 3
Hello!
I want to do the entire route on late october and november.
My only concern is whether there are too few people. I certainly want to be with myself (I'm a loner) but also want to meet people.
I went two years ago to Primitivo at the beginning of June and we were around 30-40 people a day walking...that was perfect!!

How is in the mentioned time of the year?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
There are fewer places open to stay at this time so you'll probably see a lot of the same people wherever you stay. It is a great time to be on the Camino, but bring rain gear and a sleeping bag since many albergues only have heat on in the evening and turning it down or off at night.

I second all the comments. Just to add, we were on the Camino Oct-Nov last year, and we saw many places (and bag delivery service) close for the season at the end of October. There will be fewer places to stop and snack. Also, when in Galicia, you're likely to experience all types of weather on a single day (sunny, rainy, windy, and cold, not necessarily in this order). About other people, there will be long stretches when you may be walking on your own. Buen Camino!

https://www.aprinca.com/Subir/subidas/albergues.htm

This website is live at the beginning of November and will list albergues open in the winter. Just to be sure, always call in advance. It was my experience on one occasion that a particular albergue was not open and on another that one was open but not on the list.

In 2018 I walked mid October - November and using this list worked out fine. There was absolutely no problem finding an albergue.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Bring a head torch as dawn is about 8 am or thereabouts.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Frances at that time of year? Excellent. Enough people to form a social group if - but only if - you want one.

Just don’t tell everyone.
I plan to start in early November. Glad to know that I'll see some people, but not have to deal with crowds of them. I promise I won't tell a soul!

Most read last week in this forum