This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Alternative Route Between Ontón and Castro Urdiales

Paintboy2

Time of past OR future Camino
Gronse offers an alternative and shorter route between Ontón and Castro Urdiales with the caution that it is walking on the N634 highway. We did it today with no problems and enjoyed lovely views and a shorter walk that gave us more time to enjoy the lovely town of Castro Uderales. We did cross the road several times to select the widest shoulder and it was easy enough that we will take a similar track to Laredo tomorrow.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Between Mioño and Castro Urdiales there is a tunnel for walkers and cyclists which is much safer than walking on the national road.
I have slightly rephrased my initial reply

Attachments

• 20240526_104553.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 20240526_104928.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Yes lots of hype about taking the “busy” highway vs the safer but much longer route through the woods. I took the highway at dawn last October, and very few cars. No issue at all. Nice ocean views

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum