Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Advice on 'short' stages in Primitivo

nickyvee

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles May 2024
Hello ALL! I'm looking for advice on short stages with available accomodations on the Primitivo during the higher mountain stages of the route. Would like to walk around 16Km(10 miles) only in those steep stages.

I live in a flat area. No mountain/hills whatsoever to train on. The only elevation I get to 'train' on is the treadmill. So a manageable route would be best for my knees.

Thanks

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello ALL! I'm looking for advice on short stages with available accomodations on the Primitivo during the higher mountain stages of the route. Would like to walk around 16Km(10 miles) only in those steep stages.

I live in a flat area. No mountain/hills whatsoever to train on. The only elevation I get to 'train' on is the treadmill. So a manageable route would be best for my knees.

Thanks
have a look at Gronze. they are reliable and provide pretty accurate info regarding distances and albergue availability. then do the math.

careful, there are some pretty steep uphills on the primitivo.

Thanks
Read this excellent thread - https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/camino-primitivo-4-2024.86290/

If there's any information missing you could always PM @Thomas1 directly.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
You are smart to keep your stages (and your toenails) short. There is A LOT of up and down, up and down, repeat. But the Primitivo is certainly one of the most delightful Caminos. Buen Camino

Incidentally @nickyvee , are there any publicly accessible multi-story buildings near you that you can tread the stairs on two or three times a week? Car parking buildings? Even just 20-30 minutes three times a week will benefit you. (DON'T overdo it and injure yourself)

You might get a few odd looks of course but heck, it'll be worth it!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, I’ve just finished walking the Camino Frances (I’m a female solo walker) and now toying with the idea of doing the Primitivo next year about June time. My first question is what is the...
Hello ALL! I'm looking for advice on short stages with available accomodations on the Primitivo during the higher mountain stages of the route. Would like to walk around 16Km(10 miles) only in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back